Forced air induction and water?

tjsonowk

I purchased a forced air induction for my '08 Civic sedan, that came with extra lengths of pipe to allow you to customize the location of the filter. The instructions, and logic. suggest placing the filter as low as possible to catch the cooler air that's low and away from any engine heat. There is a warning about rain being sucked into the engine if the filter is low and unshielded.It comes with a shield to be installed while driving in the rain, but here is my question. Does anybody have experience enough to know if the intended power trade off is worth using the shorter tubing and keeping the shield in place all of the time. I would keep the filter away from the engine heat and I have a proposed plan to put the filter into air coming up from the ground into the engine bay. If I'm allowed, there are a ton of quality parts on that famous auction site that begins with an E. In fact I replaced my damaged fog lights with better than OEM parts for under $50 for a pair. Thanks for your help, TJ

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm assuming your talking about the cold air intake half of the piping. Why don't you just run the longer pipes in the summer and the shorter pipes with the shield in the winter:what:

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it should have enough tubing to run the air filter into the cabin of the car. optimum position of the intake filter is right in front of an A/C vent for the COLDEST air possible

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^lol

take it low but not within puddle splashing distance of the ground... ior you can run it to the stock airbox location...