FOund the Project, now, how do i do it?

EGWiznat

5+ Year Member
Okay here's what up. after having a car sold out from under me, one guy wrecking it right before i called him and just people never answering a phone i finally found a car to start with.

its a white 1995 CX hatch. and the swap i'm wanting to do is of the appropriate B16 for that year. what i want to know is what OBD type do i need? should i go ahead and spring the extra bucks for the LSD? and whats involved in the swap. because ill have the location, tools and several pairs of hands that can help me. i just would like to have ALL the parts i need there the first time.

and as a kind of side note. what all should i replace on the motor that i buy before i install it?

thanks for your time.

EGWiznat

5+ Year Member
thanks, um do you know anything about wheel widths and fitting in these tiny fender wells?

im wanting to run either 15x7 or 16x7 possibly 16x8 if they will fit

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
16x7 is perfect with a wheel with a 40 offset. 16x8 might be pushing it unless you roll the fenders. (unlees you dont plan on dropping the car then it will be fine.)

EGWiznat

5+ Year Member
what about 15x7 with like say a 205 on it? how well would those fill up the wells if the car was lowerd about an inch and a half?

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ther would still be a bit of a gap. 16x7 with a 40 offset wheel, and a 205/45r16 tire with a 2 in drop looks good.