Found this civic...

SketchyyySi

w00t, sold me 88 hatch :)
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section and whatever else I may be doing by posting this.

Ok, so I found this civic: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/2113400024.html

I'm 17 and have been looking around for a little while now and came across that civic. It's exactly what I want. Just wanted your expertize on the price and what I should check for. Thanks in advance.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
First question do you have CASH?

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if its on craigslist and its a great deal- its not end of story.

SketchyyySi

yes, I have the $3,000 needed. But I was wondering if that is a respectable price?

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The price is not bad, its actually fair.... And the comment about Craigslist is wrong... People selling a 30k car for 3k that is a scam... But selling a 99 Civic for 3k is average....

You can spend 30 bucks and get a car fax... You can make sure the title is clean, you can go with the person to motor Vehicle and check everything and sign over the title and hand them cash on the spot.... You have a lot of options...

You can also take the car to a mechanic most will charge 50 bucks and do a check up on the car....

Hope this helps

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My question is why do 3 pics have SI wheels and one has hub caps? The 3 with si wheels have black side skirts the one with hub caps has VATO window tint and painted side skirts... Different cars... Hmmmmmm

SketchyyySi

The price is not bad, its actually fair.... And the comment about Craigslist is wrong... People selling a 30k car for 3k that is a scam... But selling a 99 Civic for 3k is average....

You can spend 30 bucks and get a car fax... You can make sure the title is clean, you can go with the person to motor Vehicle and check everything and sign over the title and hand them cash on the spot.... You have a lot of options...

You can also take the car to a mechanic most will charge 50 bucks and do a check up on the car....

Hope this helps
Thanks man, I appreciate it. And who knows, maybe i'll have my first build thread within the next week. =)

SketchyyySi

My question is why do 3 pics have SI wheels and one has hub caps? The 3 with si wheels have black side skirts the one with hub caps has VATO window tint and painted side skirts... Different cars... Hmmmmmm
Oh s**t, you're right. I didn't even notice that. I'm about to ask him. Thanks for pointing that out.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
UCC pretty much pointed it all out, and a new fender wont be 150. you can buy fenders from 20 dollars to 50.

SketchyyySi

UCC pretty much pointed it all out, and a new fender wont be 150. you can buy fenders from 20 dollars to 50.
Sweet! I like that price much better. lol. But, I asked him about the different pictures and he said that the one with hubcaps was a picture he took from Google. He put them up just to show people the basic idea. Then, put up the real pictures, which are the ones with the SI rims. So, idk, i mean he could be lieing, he could not. And he sent me pictures of the interior. It seems pretty clean.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
best thing to do, go look in person and seem not to interested. dont give in to buying right away, this way he will often lower the price some

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I call bullshit. Between the pictures, and the "I'm selling this because it needs a new fender that will be extremely cheap." Also make sure you check out the CEL. I think I would look for something else.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
three grand is a very reasonable price, im wondering if he is saying this to make it sounds like a great deal but really its just normal. definately get the cel checked. that could be an expensive problem

SketchyyySi

best thing to do, go look in person and seem not to interested. dont give in to buying right away, this way he will often lower the price some
Well, yeah I planned on doing that and have my dad go with me. He knows a lot about cars and has an S2000.

I call bullshit. Between the pictures, and the "I'm selling this because it needs a new fender that will be extremely cheap." Also make sure you check out the CEL. I think I would look for something else.
Yeah, i mean, i have my doubts. But, i'm still hoping maybe it's not bull. And CEL is check engine light, right? How do i check it out? And yes, i will still be searching.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yes it is check engine light. Take it to your local Autozone or similar store and they will read the code for you.

SketchyyySi

Yes it is check engine light. Take it to your local Autozone or similar store and they will read the code for you.
Well, this car is an hour and thirty minutes away. So, just take it to an autozone up there then, right? And as far as a mechanic to look it over, just find one up there too?

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
uuc i am sorry but craigslist is full of scammers and most people that dont post multiple pictures of the same car tend to be hiding something. why are there no shots of the motor or the inside of the car? most likely due to the fact that its roached and that its throwing codes so it wont pass smog.3k for a car that he claims books for 5700... another red flag is the lack of proper english on the ad, i am going to say that you should stay away from this car. a low milage car with a "fender" messed up seems unreal. please give us the follow up on this car. also the ad does not state that this car is an ex, there is no sunroof on the car so i am led to believe that you are not going to check out an ex civic just as a heads up.

SketchyyySi

uuc i am sorry but craigslist is full of scammers and most people that dont post multiple pictures of the same car tend to be hiding something. why are there no shots of the motor or the inside of the car? most likely due to the fact that its roached and that its throwing codes so it wont pass smog.3k for a car that he claims books for 5700... another red flag is the lack of proper english on the ad, i am going to say that you should stay away from this car. a low milage car with a "fender" messed up seems unreal. please give us the follow up on this car. also the ad does not state that this car is an ex, there is no sunroof on the car so i am led to believe that you are not going to check out an ex civic just as a heads up.
well he sent me pics of the interior. It is actually really clean? So, since it doesn't have a sunroof, it's not an ex? and i will give a follow up, don't worry.