freon

javon

5+ Year Member
i just went to oriely and got some r134 freon to put in the car on the instructions it says to remove a blue top and put it in which one do i take off it is 2 of them

MajEK

Cry Some More
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The low side I believe. The one closer to the engine. Do some research though... I dont know forsure and I cant be held responsible for you blowing up your system or your face. :lol:

BUMP for someone that knows for sure!

dogshoe21

5+ Year Member
From what I know (disclaimer that I'm not a dealer, tech or honda guy and can't be held accountable for suggestions) There are two caps in the front part of the car and the one that is the low side is the one closest to the engine. The best way to charge your system is to buy manifold AC gauges so you know what pressure you are at so you don't blow anything up. www.harborfreight.com sells one. Good luck!

knuckledog

5+ Year Member
yes the closest one to the engine is the low pressure side, and that is the one you charge the ac system through, if you are converting a r-12 to r-134a make sure you bleed out all the r-12, most shops will do it for no charge since r-12 is so valueble,, but make sure you get the right retro fitting for the valve, and you have to turn the ac on high and running the engine when you charge the system