Front Bumper, Lip & Fogs

Tawine

My old bumper got damaged & I need to replace it. I'm planning on putting on the new bumper & lip & drive with that (unpainted). Then I need to go to a "Honda Dealer" so they can install my fog lights. I want it to be done perfectly (even though it might be expensive). After all this is done, then I can paint them all.

Should I do this or get them all painted first then install?

P.S: I got the DIY instructions for the fogs, but don't want to risk messing up another bumper. Went to some random custom shop because of my dad & they messed it up.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do you mean "honda dealer" is that code for something?

What i would do, aka WWHD.

1. Paint the parts.
2. Install the fog lights
3. Install the parts.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
installing fogs on the bumper is so easy how can someone mess up? they can't connect the dots?!?!

Tawine

What do you mean "honda dealer" is that code for something?
It's not code for anything, that's what I really mean. Their part section might be able to install it.

installing fogs on the bumper is so easy how can someone mess up? they can't connect the dots?!?!
Yeah I heard it was very easy to do, but I they messed it up. So I don't want that to happen again.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Should I do this or get them all painted first then install?
Take a second and THINK about what you are asking and what would really make more sense.
It's easier to paint a bumper bare, without anything installed, so you can avoid taping the fog lights off.

Then I need to go to a "Honda Dealer" so they can install my fog lights. I want it to be done perfectly (even though it might be expensive).
P.S: I got the DIY instructions for the fogs, but don't want to risk messing up another bumper. Went to some random custom shop because of my dad & they messed it up.
If you have the DIY instructions, how hard can they be to follow and DO IT YOURSELF.
There are a TON of guides out there for you to compare and follow.
What year are we talking about here, and are they OEM fog lights or aftermarket OEM style?

These are Hondas' not Lamborghini's.
Seems like ppl don't think and make things much harder than they need to be.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
1. Cut the holes for the fog lights
2. Paint the bumper & lip
3. Install fog lights
4. Install bumper

I would personally recommend you install the fog lights yourself. I did it like 5 years ago back when I was pretty car illiterate. The directions from www.handaaccessories.com really are SO simple. I forget if it says but if you do do it yourself, you want to drill the holes from the outside so you don't get the rough edges showing on the outside.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you really that intimidated to do the work yourself? I understand you want it done right but the stuff you are talking about is so incredibly easy you would be a fool to go to the dealer. You can definitely do it yourself. If you don't want to do it yourself just go to a body shop, they shouldn't rape you as bad as the dealer will. Dealerships don't really provide better service than anyone else, they screw up plenty. They just can cover their asses better when they do. It would be one thing to go their for something like a transmission issue, but for foglights, no way.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LIke that saying goes, If you want it done right, do it yourself.

PLAN_B

5+ Year Member
Take your time, save yourself some money and do yourself. If you are somewhat mechanically inclined this should be a walk in the park. If you are not, there is only one way to learn. Now bust the tools out and get to work homie=)

cuetip

Registered VIP
just install the fogs, i did it myself, the only hard part is cutting the bumper, and a wise man once told me, cut once measure twice... just cut a little then measure cut a little more, and just keep going until they fit... dont paint it before bc the risk of ruining the paint once u install the fogs

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Took me about 45 min to cut and install an it was my first time ever doin somethin like that better you do it so u save money and show off what you did to everyone

Tawine

Yeah going to do it myself, with the help of a co-worker. He know's how to do it, so it'll save me money & I'll learn how to do it myself.

cuetip

Registered VIP
and once you know how to do it, then you might have friends wanting you to do that to their hondas lol, then you can charge them, and make a little money on the side

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah going to do it myself, with the help of a co-worker. He know's how to do it, so it'll save me money & I'll learn how to do it myself.
It's as easy as reading and following instructions...

cuetip

Registered VIP
you dont need help doing it once you look at the wires it technically explains itself,, on mine i had a wire that had to be plugged to the battery i had 2 grounds, then the wire that had to be plugged into the fuse box and thats it

Jose1027

Registered VIP
you dont need help doing it once you look at the wires it technically explains itself,, on mine i had a wire that had to be plugged to the battery i had 2 grounds, then the wire that had to be plugged into the fuse box and thats it
^says the guy who creates a thread for everything lol jk bro :p

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

cuetip

Registered VIP
hater jose lol, my fogs i dove into them and didnt have any knowledge about what i was doing and didnt have no bullshit trial and error, lol its like it came natural.. just like when i hooked up a 94 teg cluster in my 94 ej