Front lip & grill fitment issues

Shaq

Hi, fellow civic lovers :cool: i joined a forum hoping one of you on here can help me with some problems i am experiencing with my civic. So i have 2001, Ek hatch and I have bought a front splitter lip, rear lip and mesh grill but for some reason it dont fit on my car which is annoying :evil: haha I was hoping if any of you had any similar problems and could help me i would appreciate so much thanks.
Shaq

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
considering the fact you say you have a 2001 ek hatch, you probably got the wrong parts, it looks like a 2000, 2001 they changed the body which was a ep3 . So yeah.....

Shaq

considering the fact you say you have a 2001 ek hatch, you probably got the wrong parts, it looks like a 2000, 2001 they changed the body which was a ep3 . So yeah.....
Yeah mate it looks like a 2000 model but it's actually a late 2001 model these are rare and I was told that they changed the bumpers on them and that's y they didn't fit annoying if that's the case IMG_20160513_223420.JPG

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
here in the states a 01 is a ep3, which 99% consider a 2001, so im saying you might have got the wrong lips.

Shaq

here in the states a 01 is a ep3, which 99% consider a 2001, so im saying you might have got the wrong lips.
Yeah I might have got the wrong ones but do you think there are any lips for my car because I'm sure the lips are for models to 96-00 I tried looking and I have had no luck

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
@Shaq , I cleaned up all the double quotes and pictures and restored your deleted post as it is pertinent to the thread.

In the majority of the world, 2000 and 2001 Civics are totally different cars. Perhaps where you are in the UK they used the same style for one more year, and if that is the case then there lies your problem. This is why you must make sure you do your own compatibility research before ordering parts. Consider it a lesson learned and go purchase the correct parts.

Start your research here... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic_(sixth_generation)

Yeah I might have got the wrong ones but do you think there are any lips for my car because I'm sure the lips are for models to 96-00 I tried looking and I have had no luck
You must not be searching properly or hard enough because parts for '96-'00 Civics are some of the easiest parts to find online.

Shaq

@HeX thanks mate I am searching i am just scared to order the wrong parts again thats why I thought to be really sure this before I order again. So i need the 2000 civic parts hopefully they fit onto my car lets hope so haha

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
@HeX thanks mate I am searching i am just scared to order the wrong parts again thats why I thought to be really sure this before I order again. So i need the 2000 civic parts hopefully they fit onto my car lets hope so haha
If you research properly as I already suggested then there is no risk of further mistake.

Shaq

nice one mate, I wanted to ask if you had any suggestions about covering the wheel arch gap, Bigger wheels would they help or shall just buy some springs I currently have 15's on at the moment.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice one mate, I wanted to ask if you had any suggestions about covering the wheel arch gap, Bigger wheels would they help or shall just buy some springs I currently have 15's on at the moment.
Again, start researching, such as through this forum and using our search function. There is nothing you can ask that hasnt been covered and documents hundreds of times.