Front lip support! poly or plastic?

itlnstallion11

hey guys im getting a type r front lip for my ej8 and i wanna know if plastic or polyurethane would be best? Iv found a few leads on craigslist, and im going to sand the lip then paint it, just need to know which would last and look the best thanx

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey guys im getting a type r front lip for my ej8 and i wanna know if plastic or polyurethane would be best? Iv found a few leads on craigslist, and im going to sand the lip then paint it, just need to know which would last and look the best thanx
Plastic will give you a good look, but if it falls off somehow, your screwed. Also easier to paint.

Polyurethane will give you long lasting, but not all the looks. I've heard of people running it over, and then putting it back on in perfect shape. Not the best to paint since it bends which will lead to cracks/chips

It's mainly all about choice.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your careful and can drive then abs plastic. If your afraid of hitting it or something then poly

radracer

5+ Year Member
i have the plastic front lip and a poly rear lip both holding up well being dropped and a daily driver

LXDriver

More HP is always good
5+ Year Member
I got a poly type r and its been good for some time now and its been scratched pretty good

CDubs

Registered VIP
00_civic_ex is right on the paint, but it comes down to choice, my car being slammed and my DD and i have a poily spoon style, if its going bet beat a lot go poly like mine, i ran it over and didnt even scratch, its not painted either, but the abs plastic is better for show IMO