FRont Liscence plate holder?

Dough

5+ Year Member
Just wondering who's got one? Its just something to go behind the licence plate, keeps it a bit more rigid? I kinda bent my plate while washing it a while back... It was only then i realized nothing was behind it... I wonder how much they cost at the dealer... or if anyone has one they dont want :D

My current licence plate is attached to the bumper directly... looks... ok i suppose...

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To my knowledge, all 6th Gen Civic plates attach directly to the bumper. I dont think there is a plate holder....?

EDIT:

Unless your talking about part #9 in this diagram....

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It supports the bottom of the plate, so you can bolt the bottom of the plate and have it secure.

Dough

5+ Year Member
i think i want number 9!

and number 3 is to support the bottom of the plate... i don't remember if i have that or not...

so anyways, no has number 9?! wow... maybe its not worth asking the dealer... probably jacked up in price =\

Dough

5+ Year Member
i think i want number 9!

and number 3 is to support the bottom of the plate... i don't remember if i have that or not...

so anyways, no has number 9?! wow... maybe its not worth asking the dealer... probably jacked up in price =\

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Part #9 is only like $10. Part #3 is like $4 or so. Not too bad.... :what:

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i never had a front license plate,(mine doesnt have holes) threw the holder thing for mine when i got the car in the trash almost immediately. never been pulled over here in ca. haha

NURSE

I'm a Man-Nurse! ?
5+ Year Member
^^^ They are super easy to make. I've done a bunch lol. PASSWORD:MJB. If you know what you are doing it will turn out great. Paint/powder it what ever colour you want.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ They are super easy to make. I've done a bunch lol. PASSWORD:MJB. If you know what you are doing it will turn out great. Paint/powder it what ever colour you want.
agreed. Im not willing 50bucks for that or even 20bucks. you can honestly get left over metal somewhere in the garage and just bend it.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
agreed. Im not willing 50bucks for that or even 20bucks. you can honestly get left over metal somewhere in the garage and just bend it.

but I do have the tilting or adjustable plate brackets which I got a friend to make.

Dough

5+ Year Member
Part #9 is only like $10. Part #3 is like $4 or so. Not too bad.... :what:
do you work at a dealership? Lets hope my local dealership is that cheap... i doubt it though, when i went to buy a thermostat they wanted 36 bucks... talked em down to 27 which is still rapage....

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you want something just to make it more ridged go to a parts store, they should all have a universal plate holder for under 10 bucks. As far as the other option, You can like they all said make your own and you can mount it to the side which I think is hot! Mine is in my front window for now, Until I quit being lazy and mount it on the front. :cool: