Front Mount Intercooler

khoakers

Ugly Asian Bastard
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey guys, i'm on the verge of boosting my car, so now i need to know a good size intercooler for the front. i just wanna make sure everything fits right. also, i have foglights, so i was wondering if that could possibly get in the way?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can go for anything from 26 to 30 inches in length, and with a stock bumper I would stick with 7 inches high, and 2.5 thickness

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a same side intercooler that is for the dezod turbo kit... for sale....125 bux

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:werd:

speedfoos

5+ Year Member
You will have to either trim the crash bar or the bumper with the Dezod FMIC to get it to fit right. But it's one of the only decent same side innie/outie FMICs out there. $125 is a good price.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

speedfoos

5+ Year Member
I didn't cut my crash bar either man, mine hangs out the bottom too. As much as the Dezod stuff is quality, it's definitely not drop in fitment.

khoakers

Ugly Asian Bastard
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nawh dude. i wouldnt wanna be driving around with half the intercooler sticking out the bottom. any other options for a good intercooler?

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Seriously, that looks like straight ass.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you have an EX??? if not... then you can do any front mount intercooler that you can make fit.

but....if you have an EX....your basically stuck with one option...and ive already shown you that.

those of you with EX's you know what the problem is...

speedfoos

5+ Year Member
ABS module, AC dryer and the windshield washer rezzie are all in the way on the driver's side of the vehicle. You have to either get creative like Justin did in the post up there from CF, or run Dezod or other same side FMIC. Even the newer smaller one sticks out the bottom about an inch.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
khoa, i would recommend picking up snakeshits dezod fmic, its your "best bang for your buck" right there. you can always trim the bumper support, it doesnt take much in doing that, plus its not much of a BIG cut.

*unless you buy those newer dezod fmic, and get a lip to cover the bottom tank of the fmic ;P

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
like speedfoos said.. the newer one still sticks out... i had both. baron has my stuff now. i still have the V1 intercooler like mentioned. and if you cut the bar... you end up losing the full functionality of the IC.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
cut bar, cut bumper!

ftw!