front speaker help

smooveCRiMiNAL

5+ Year Member
i picked up some infinity speakers today, front and back. i put the back in with no problem. i got to the front and seen that there are only three screws, and the speakers i bought have four...
so my question is, how did many of you fit these speakers with four screws into the door? do you just screw one side in and just screw the other three into the plastic molding around the speaker? will it hold?

radracer

5+ Year Member
i have mine done like that and they hold just fine i just used pan head self taping screws been holding good for 2 years

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
I just drilled new holes into the plastic molding or you try to fit it with just 3 screws it should hold pretty well

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think I have two screws in mine and they're fine. Or you could be legit and get adapter plates

smooveCRiMiNAL

5+ Year Member
well i got them in, after shaving out the back so it could fit in, the fitment was really tight.
so tight that i only put one screw and the speakers held like super glue. ill go back when
i have some time and either put two more screws in her or ill look into that adapter plate...

thankx guys

triphop718

5+ Year Member
my Kappas came with the adapter plate and it works great with 3 screws in the door and then 4 in the adapter plate for the speaker.