Front speakers getting wet when windows closed. New outer modling?

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I just replaced my front speakers with Alpine SPX-177R Components (yeah I know they're old but they're like new and got a dea ($150) and they sound ALOT better than the powerbase components Ive been running since my old coupe (05/06-10). The powerbase crossovers and tweeters were a joke! Although they did provide pretty good vocals and not the screaming highs which I can't handle. But anyway, my alpines are in and I was wondering if the outer window molding is to blame for water entering inner door panel. The old speakers had rust and the wires were getting wet and what not. There was some water buildup on the right speaker too. Also, isn't there a rear speaker pocket/cover thing for the factory speakers that protects the magnet and wires? I was trying to find them online to see if they would fit over the alpine ones to add some protection. Please add any feedback you may have. Thanks in advance.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Take off the door panel and have a friend spray a hose on the door with it closed and the window up. This should reveal where the leak is coming from.

I would recommend going to a junkyard to find your speaker cover.

SweetEBPSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Take off the door panel and have a friend spray a hose on the door with it closed and the window up. This should reveal where the leak is coming from.

I would recommend going to a junkyard to find your speaker cover.
Actually, water always goes down into your door. That little bit of weather stipping that the glass is between will not stop everything. I believe there are holes at the bottom of the door for water to run out. When you put your speakers in, did you have to cut the plastic backing to get them to fit? If so, that backing was used to keep your stock speakers from getting wet. For the pocket things, is this what you are looking for? http://www.crutchfield.com/S-c5Ee1DOZZCt/app/product/search/searchresults.aspx?SearchTab=Shop&us=2&search=foam+baffles

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thank you! I was gonna try that door technique tomorrow morning, lol. But the part of the door panel was already cut and I had to make it bigger. And those speaker covers are exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again. I remember the basket or plastic backing from another civic I had before.