front sway bar

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey guys so I just saw that my si has has had the front sway bar removed and the endlinks were left behind.

Will the eibach fsb in 26mm be overkill?

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
any input on this? what size is the oem fsb for the civic si?

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I believe the OEM front bar for '99-'00 Civic Si is 26mm. So no, it wouldn't be over kill. You're best off leaving the front swaybar stock(or stock size) if you're looking for performance.

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I believe the OEM front bar for '99-'00 Civic Si is 26mm. So no, it wouldn't be over kill. You're best off leaving the front swaybar stock(or stock size) if you're looking for performance.
thats the thing the previous owner removed the sway bar completely and just left the end links hanging. so i'm trying to replace but yea I'll just go oem if they are still the same size and rum es bushings

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What is the point in even removing the front sway bar? should I bother replacing it or just leave it as is?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A front sway bar dramatically reduces steering if you don't have one. People that off road in Jeeps, etc. remove them for more suspension travel. The previous owner probably took it off to either sell it or put it on a different car.