Fs: 2000 honda Civic Si $9000 OBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You see it all the time. People put their heart into a car and think it is the best of the best. What people forget is the more mods to the car that are done the lower the value is.(99% of the time). Unless it is like a chip foose or a boyd car. It is nice yes. But for that much money someone could buy a much newer and unmolested car with lower miles. You will make much more money parting it out, since that parts used seem to be of good quality, even better if you can get stock parts and cash then put it to stock and then get maybe 6500 for it. By doing that it takes longer but you will get better money for it. Dont get mad because people point this out to you. You never get out of a custom car what you put into it. They only time you really get money out of it is when you doing a classic restore, etc...
IMO: It's ignorant buyers ruining the market.

100% of the time it holds true that the value drops with mods... to your average joe looking to get into a civic to save gas money, and have cheap maintenance.

To an enthusiast, it should be looked upon (to an extent) as "i couldn't build that car for that price", even if you're paying more up front; in the long run you're saving money.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
PhntmSk8r;2981627[B said:
]IMO: It's ignorant buyers ruining the market.[/B]

100% of the time it holds true that the value drops with mods... to your average joe looking to get into a civic to save gas money, and have cheap maintenance.

To an enthusiast, it should be looked upon (to an extent) as "i couldn't build that car for that price", even if you're paying more up front; in the long run you're saving money.
actually they're called smart buyers and saving money?, buying a modded car is like a double edge sword sometimes you get a good one and sometime you get the bad one it's how the owner who selling his/her modded car take care of the car itself.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i guess you can't read. 3 people just said that modifications decrease the value of the car

mikeycivic01

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i can read, you're the one from jersey. Look at the fvcking listings. 90% of the cars on there that are over 7500 are modded. I dont know why you people care so much about my pricing because you cant afford to buy it anyway!

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Car is clean bro, post more pics, GLWS...

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i can read, you're the one from jersey. Look at the fvcking listings. 90% of the cars on there that are over 7500 are modded. I dont know why you people care so much about my pricing because you cant afford to buy it anyway!
what does me being from jersey have anything to do with this?

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Were just saying your asking too much for a 10 year old car bro were not attacking you at all man

what does me being from jersey have anything to do with this?
Lol

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Were just saying your asking too much for a 10 year old car bro were not attacking you at all man

Lol
generally when someone knows they're wrong, and they've run out of ammunition, they get stubborn and ignorant, and become desperate for anything. such as an exterior topic that is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. females do this frequently

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
generally when someone knows they're wrong, and they've run out of ammunition, they get stubborn and ignorant, and become desperate for anything. such as an exterior topic that is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. females do this frequently
:ohsnap: :lol: alright i'm done debating with the op like i said on my previous statement good luck with the sale yo :D

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bay, and interior shots please.

Also if you take a combination of what everyone said you get this: car= 10+ years old + mods = assumption of abuse & decrease in value BUT car= mods + 10+yrs old + maintained properly & upon further inspection in person checks out = better value for the perspective buyer who wanted to build something like it.

it all really depends on who the buyers are and why they want to buy it. the market in cars, homes, and other big alterable assets, the value can be interpreted from individual to individual.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
actually they're called smart buyers and saving money?, buying a modded car is like a double edge sword sometimes you get a good one and sometime you get the bad one it's how the owner who selling his/her modded car take care of the car itself.
i guess you can't read. 3 people just said that modifications decrease the value of the car
So coming into someones for sale thread and bitching about the price accomplishes what?

Hey i'm selling a 14 year old car for $5500, nevermind the fact there's 6grand in the motor alone... go b***h in my thread :roll:

Someone will buy the car for the asking price. The end.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^^your an idiot if you read the comments were just saying his asking too much for his car, it doesn't mean jackshit how much money you put in the car the retail on the parts won't add the value of the car. and who said anything about bitching in this thread learn to f**king read jackass :roll::lol:

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
let us know how much you get for it, thats IF you sell it for the asking price. when the guy talks you down ill be the one laughing saying "i told you so"

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Def a nice car!! Will you find someone to pay the full asking price?? Probably eventually. Good thing for you is that you don't have to sell it so you have time to find that right buyer. I hope you sell it sooner rather than later, but it will prolly take a while....$8k car IMO, but def a clean build!!

GLWS

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
clean car glws but i agree with eveyone on price with recession and everyone building their own ur gonna have a hard time selling for 9k but more power to yah

Status
Not open for further replies.