FS: GPS Snitch - Cheap GPS tracking/security for your car

Status
Not open for further replies.

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm selling my GPS Snitch unit. Bought it brand new for $300 off gpscity.com about 9 months ago. I was using it until my car got totaled. It's a great little unit that can be hardwired and hidden anywhere in the car and controlled via txt msgs or a computer. It will tell you if your car moved a block away or if someone broke into your car via e-mail or txt msgs.

Great sense of security for any car especially any honda/acura. It was a very nice layer of security for my integra. It also has real time tracking. You can get the actual address of where your car is parked by just sending a txt msg. It was a great unit and allowed me to sleep soundly at night knowing my car was safe.

Comes with a car charger and a wall charger. I still have the box for it. Asking $200. Call 717-418-8356 or post here if you have any questions. I'll be glad to answer them.

I'm sure there is a lot more info and extra features on the site about the GPS unit that i forgot to mention:

http://gps-snitch.com/marketing/moreAbout.html

Here are some pics of the unit:

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you know that the police can monitor that s**t when you register online what you have it in bud?

bump for being able to know your car is safe tho!

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what does that mean?
Why do you think the government gave GM a huge grant when they launched OnStar.. You have to notify them of what the car is and they technically "can" track the car.. Same reason why Nissan has GPS location monitoring in the R35's. As long as your not giving them a reason to track you, you've got nothing to worry about.

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
great way to keep your car safe and great way to help you recover your car if it does get stolen!

aaronbrooks22

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sorry i had to post this, looks like you should have had it in your 97...or put your ringer on at night
"97 civic coupe
stolen 10/25/08
f*ck thieves "

free up

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the civic didn't have too many levels of security stuff thus it got stolen. i replaced it with a 2001 gsr integra with a JDM front end. the integra was locked down like fort knox. it didn't get stolen but got in a car accident.

cbk0485

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sorry to burst your bubbles but GPS units are worthless. There is a very cheap and simple solution to jamming them. Which i wont reveal.

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just another layer of security....nothing is 100% theft proof.

everything could be eventually bypassed by the thieves. it's about slowing them down and just having a backup option to get your car back in one piece. how many people actually run GPS tracking units in their cars that a thief would run a jammer everytime they steal a car? They wouldn't know that you have a GPS unit if you hide it somewhere. You'll be notified within a minute of your car moving away from your parking spot and you can start tracking it live on a computer. The interface is googlemap so you know exactly where it is going.

cbk0485

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just another layer of security....nothing is 100% theft proof.

everything could be eventually bypassed by the thieves. it's about slowing them down and just having a backup option to get your car back in one piece. how many people actually run GPS tracking units in their cars that a thief would run a jammer everytime they steal a car? They wouldn't know that you have a GPS unit if you hide it somewhere. You'll be notified within a minute of your car moving away from your parking spot and you can start tracking it live on a computer. The interface is googlemap so you know exactly where it is going.

Well my buddie had one It was hidden and on a backup battery. And they still took the car. I think alot of people underestimate car theives. They carry jammers on them just like they would a Ecu/ mainrelays or a jiggler key. My buddie car had a k24 in his car. And these grimy philly mofos even brang there own Kpro. And only about 3 people knew what was in the car. And none being anywhere near the philly area. So it just goes to show that they carry $1100+ Ecus with them. Jammers dont slow them down. Moving things like the hood cable, main relay, and fuel pump wiries. And there not going to look for your GPS unit there simply going to plug the jammer into the Cig lighter and be gone.

P.s Not trying to hurt your sale. There great if a ameuter steals your car. But thats not gonna stop a pro. And i believe they are worth the money. Just letting people know. Alot of people assume they get there cara back. But 8/10 times they dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.