FS/T 2003 RSX Type-S SSM PA/WV/OH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nice on the Kpro, what's that bring the redline up to now?

brandn3w

5+ Year Member
Nice on the Kpro, what's that bring the redline up to now?
Redline never moved, but if you mean rev limiter then yes that can be moved to wherever I choose. Not trying to be smart, just trying to clarify what you're asking...

K20A2 are similar to K20A and are efficient/safe to 8600 rpm; however, the limiter is set to that and the car doesn't go past 8200 rpm.

Went to 8600 rpm ONCE since the build and it wasn't me, but a friend thinking he knew how to drive well :roll:

KPro REALLY opens this car up so I won't part that as I couldn't imagine driving a Type-S without it...

Thank you for the inquiry!!!

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
damn id love to have that.. goodluck with the sale

brandn3w

5+ Year Member
damn id love to have that.. goodluck with the sale
Thanks man, but you're suppose to wait til the thread drops down the page then bump it with a compliment, haha... :lol: jk jk

Like I said, it's a SOLID car. You'll probably die hitting a wall at 100mph, but I mean it sure as heck won't knock or miss in those ~14 seconds to reach it, ha...

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Redline never moved, but if you mean rev limiter then yes that can be moved to wherever I choose. Not trying to be smart, just trying to clarify what you're asking...

K20A2 are similar to K20A and are efficient/safe to 8600 rpm; however, the limiter is set to that and the car doesn't go past 8200 rpm.

Went to 8600 rpm ONCE since the build and it wasn't me, but a friend thinking he knew how to drive well :roll:

KPro REALLY opens this car up so I won't part that as I couldn't imagine driving a Type-S without it...

Thank you for the inquiry!!!
Yeah I meant rev limiter. My friends dad has a rsx-s and is really really considering k-pro, we told him it would be worth every penny.

brandn3w

5+ Year Member
Yeah I meant rev limiter. My friends dad has a rsx-s and is really really considering k-pro, we told him it would be worth every penny.

Hondata is SOOOO expensive, man. I mean I had Uber on my boosted EJ8 years ago and love the free software route, but K-Series is limited.

Honestly, just get like S400 or whatever. If it has all the same capabilities as KPro for half the cost just do that. I haven't touched the tune since, well, I tuned it, haha. Unless you're constantly modding/racing/want a display it's not worth the extra dough. Just tune it/have it tuned and forget it. A tune should LAST not be fiddled with on a monthly basis.

These cars now are rely so heavy on the wideband O2 that leaving it closed loop is a must and therefore it 'picks up' the rest so to speak whereas older OBDI set-ups ran best (in my opinion/experience) on a purely full tuned map running open loop.

So with that said, engine management for K-Series is a MUST to get its full potential out. Look around at times of stockish Type-Ss' dipping 14s consistently and shaving nearly 0.5s 1/4 mile time from a solid Hondata tune...

Thank you for the questions/comments guys! I really appreciate the interest and gives me a chance for the potential buyer to see that the car isn't coming from some dumb ricer. :P

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good luck with the sale man awesome car

brandn3w

5+ Year Member
You guys are too nice, haha...seriously. Been to many forums in my day and by far the MOST welcoming. Much appreciation to you all!

Kazan

NYGaleCCo
5+ Year Member
sick ride dude, you think you can get some engine and inside shots? just love seeing nice rides =)

brandn3w

5+ Year Member
sick ride dude, you think you can get some engine and inside shots? just love seeing nice rides =)

Thanks, bro!

Ahhh...probably not until the week after next as school is kind of slamming me right before our spring break. Plus, car is daily driven and I don't want to post shots of it not detailed. After that though, yeah man I need more shots of the car anyway...

pat_Ai2008

5+ Year Member
nice... but price seems a lil steep for a rebuild .... tranni is stock right? didnt see nething bout that

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
wow your type S is freaking clean minus the wheels... i usually dont consider wanting a 02-04 than a 05-06 but man that one looks well taken care of!

brandn3w

5+ Year Member
nice... but price seems a lil steep for a rebuild .... tranni is stock right? didnt see nething bout that
Yeap, stock tranny no grinds. New lightened flywheel and clutch kit as well...

Don't get how rebuilt K20A2 on Kpro with extras from body to performance is too much at $12,500, but to each their own I suppose. If you can find a better deal, by all means take it, ha! This is just what I feel is fair on both sides of the fence...

For clarity, the MOTOR is rebuilt NOT the title/body/etc...

brandn3w

5+ Year Member
wow your type S is freaking clean minus the wheels... i usually dont consider wanting a 02-04 than a 05-06 but man that one looks well taken care of!
Thanks! I like 02-04 better, but the 05-06 wheels are DEFINITELY nicer than my 16s. They came painted a gunmetal color and so during the rebuild I saw this done by a member on CRSX and went to town.

6thGenFerio845

5+ Year Member
price is STEEP as hell but car is clean i just seen pretty much the same setup sell for 8500. im in ny though things may be different where ur at who knows. good luck.

brandn3w

5+ Year Member
price is STEEP as hell but car is clean i just seen pretty much the same setup sell for 8500. im in ny though things may be different where ur at who knows. good luck.
Ernt....

Post it. Not a chance it was a motor with <10k miles, KPro, clean title, S, etc for that price. Check anywhere, man my price is legit. H-T sells ~$11.5k for NO engine management and high (+90k mile chassis/motor) on a lazy drop and Rotas.

None-the-less thanks for the bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.