5+ Year Member
redline: 6800rpm

full speed cut: 112mph.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
no it's not 6800, the fuel cut off isn't 112mph.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I believe fuel cut off is around 6800-6900 rpm; the D17a2 allows us to rev up to around 7100ish rpm.

speedfoos

5+ Year Member
7100(ish) RPM - as tone stated - and no speed limiter on the D17A2. I've had mine up to 128 on the autobahn outside of Stuttgart, GE before I had to slow down. There wasn't much left to the tach at that point, and I was going downhill, because my car was still an NA monster.

BlownGasket

Civic From Hell
5+ Year Member
i've had my d17a1 at 136mph going down a hill on I85 in georgia. it was bone stock then. also it is an automatic. sedan. my cut off never kicked in and i was bouncing full tach. it was awesome. but i think the comp might have malfunctioned. cuz i thot it would cut off at 120 at the most.

hondagriff

Banned
Mine cuts at around 115-117 depending on rim and tire setup. Thing is that I've still got a few grand to go. I've had it at average 100 and says around 4900rpms. Don't know the top speed but I am curious to find out.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I believe our 5th gear fuel cut off is lower than the other 4 gears. After that, it's either going to be downhill that keeps you going faster or... you just get that swift of wind to push you.

hondagriff

Banned
Makes me wonder on my "oddball" transmission. I'd like to know what the top speed could be if fuel cut off was bypassed. Just hope its a 5 mile strip, downhill.:lol: