fuel filter help

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've search Google and tried to find a nice diy for replacing my fuel filter. I kind of have an idea but my fuel filter has these two terminals on top that I'm not really sure what their for. All I know is that they connect to the nitrous kit. I've attached a picture so you guys can see.

Crewdog180

*6th Gen. Freak*
5+ Year Member
Never seen that! What type of juice kit do you have?

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have no clue. I'm not realy into nitrous and it was already on the car when I got it so...I'm pretty sure its a dry one. The brand is NOS

Mugen DC5

Back to a civic
5+ Year Member
i've had a NOS nitrous system installed on my car before and that doesn't look like anything to do with the kit, plus if you have a dry nitrous kit i don't know why it would have anything fuel related there since there's no fuel mixture on a dry nitrous kit

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That is a fuel pressure sensor I would assume.

Crewdog180

*6th Gen. Freak*
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I've never seen anything like that. I agree with ^^ gotta be some sort of pressure regulator. I wouldn't advise ripping into it without making sure you can bleed off the fuel pressure with that thing on though.

Avion

5+ Year Member
Fuel Filter Change

The best way I found to replace the fuel filter is to run the car near enpty..This way you seem to have less residual fuel pressure on the line when diconnecting. For Safty you should always disconnect the Positive terminal from the car battery. Disconnect and lable the sensor wires on top of the fuel filter. With rags in hand, unbolt the top bolt. Remember the order in how the bolt and washers went. The new filter should have new washers. Keep everthing very clean otherwise a possible leak can occur due to poor sealing. Now remove the bottom line. Have a small pan to catch any fuel spillage. Disconnect the sensor from the old filter. Notice if it had a washer,teflon tape or some type of sealant. Now connect the Sensor to the new filter using the appropriate method. Now connect the filter to the lower fuel line, then the top line with the new washers. and finally the wires to the sensor. Clean everything dry. Remove any fuel rags and catch pans from the area. Reconnect the battery. Start the Car and check for leaks. This is it, Have Fun............

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The best way I found to replace the fuel filter is to run the car near enpty..This way you seem to have less residual fuel pressure on the line when diconnecting. For Safty you should always disconnect the Positive terminal from the car battery. Disconnect and lable the sensor wires on top of the fuel filter. With rags in hand, unbolt the top bolt. Remember the order in how the bolt and washers went. The new filter should have new washers. Keep everthing very clean otherwise a possible leak can occur due to poor sealing. Now remove the bottom line. Have a small pan to catch any fuel spillage. Disconnect the sensor from the old filter. Notice if it had a washer,teflon tape or some type of sealant. Now connect the Sensor to the new filter using the appropriate method. Now connect the filter to the lower fuel line, then the top line with the new washers. and finally the wires to the sensor. Clean everything dry. Remove any fuel rags and catch pans from the area. Reconnect the battery. Start the Car and check for leaks. This is it, Have Fun............
thanks you bro=)
now when you say the top bolt, which do you mean? I've attached a pic with arrows; just tell me what color please.

andrewmrtnsn

5+ Year Member
looks to me that the whole thing threads out.. so take that out n the top line should come off. then back to avions intructions

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just did my '93 the other day and the manual had me bleed the pressure out of the system first with the top bleed screw. My guess would be that you are going to have to remove the "orange" nut a little to bleed out the line, then remove the yellow to get the fuel line disconnected. Just make sure you have rags to contain the fuel that comes out. I had my gas cap off when I did it. I don't know if that helped or not but there wasn't that much fuel that came out when I did it.

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just installed it today and everythings works great. That was the problem that was causing the rough starts that I made a thread about a couple of weeks ago.
thanks you guys

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad to see that it all went well.