Fuel Injector problems?

SiR_Smackalot

so this 96 dx (d16y7) is the last time i EVER buy a car off craigslist. Originally the seller told me the only problems was that it was missing a intake and that it needed throttle adjustments. Little did i know after adding a cheap o air intake off ebay and adjusting throttle to specifications, the engine continued this misfiring and the throttle response on the car was not responding.:shock:

here are the list of things i've done so far to try to fix the problem: i replaced timing belt and tensioner and water pump, replaced dist. cap and wires and spark plugs, replaced fuel filter, and even took the damn thing to a mechanic to clean out my fuel system to see if that will fix the misfiring and clogged internals such as egr and intake maniforld. AND at the end of it all, its still at its state of not responding :evil: also with the help of misfiring :(

i checked for vacuum leaks, nothing, since the car idles at 2000 RPM and thot that it was the cause, also i checked to see if my cylinders were f**ked by pulling out spark plug wire one by one while the car is on. Vtec doesn't work, i ran a scanner to it and it says its misfiring from three cylinders

so im wondering if the fuel injectors are f**ked

fronx

Pull them out and clean them. It took me 20 minutes and I noticed a difference. I also had the same problem. My timing was off a bit. I just adjusted it and took it for a little spin and its running way better now but i thought that every step of the way so tomorrow ill probably be trying to figure it out still. Ill know if its good after i go for a longer drive.

I adjusted my timing, Changed my ignition wires, Plugs, Valve cover gasket and oil cap, Gas cap, Fuel filter, Cleaned Vtec Sel and IACV

When i pulled my injectors they were caked in gunk and everything else i cleaned was just full of carbon