fuel preasure

orioncivic

5+ Year Member
ive got a poor mans type r and just got a new benin fuel rail what should the fuel preasure be set at for this motor?

orioncivic

5+ Year Member
ok so i put fp at 44 psi. ran great for a few days and now i just got home. i was checking something under the hood about 10 min after i got home and the fp was almost 60 psi! so i started it and it started pulseing about 5 to 10 psi. so i adj. the fp down to 40ish and the car was running really shitty almost like a misfire. whiteish smoke that smelled like raw fuel was coming out of the exhaust. im gonna wait for it to cool down and then reset fp and see what happens, prolly pull the plugs to see if they are fouled or what. anyone has any ideas pls throw me a shout, maybe im overlooking something simple.

orioncivic

5+ Year Member
well i hooked up the the mighty vac to the fp and it wouldnt hold vacum. so i pulled the plugs and the 1 and 2 cyl. was flooded with gas, the fp was leaking gas into the intake via the vacum line which is on the side of the 1 and 2 cyl. so i put the old fp on and waiting for thread goop to set to see if it is all good.