Fuel Pump problems

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright so i got everything together on swapping from a DX to an EX on my civic. I turn the key on and it beeps and does all of its s**t and then i go to crank and it cranks but doesnt fire. i notice that the fuel pump isnt coming on. i start testing the wiring and come down to the main relay. I set the wiring coming into the relay and based off my chiltion i dont have power coming from the blk/yel wires. the fuse is good. Where do these wires go to? Im about ready to hard wire it because im tired of messing with it.

RonJ

Banned
92-95 Civic? Have you checked whether 15A dash fuse 24 is blown?

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all the fuses are good. the cel is staying on when i turn the key to acc. like its not getting power but everythings hooked up. im at a loss

RonJ

Banned
You need to provide specific answers to questions if you want to fix the problem.

Again:

92-95 Civic?

I'm not concerned at this point about any fuse except 15A dash fuse 24. Do you know where it is? With the key in ON(II), does installed fuse 24 have voltage on BOTH top test tabs?

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry, yes 95 civic EX usdm . I hooke dup ectune and the ecu is reading bat voltage. the Cel staying on is from a sensor issue i have

RonJ

Banned
I hooke dup ectune and the ecu is reading bat voltage.
Explain. What has battery voltage? What is ectune?

the Cel staying on is from a sensor issue i have
If you jump the service connector, do the CEL codes blink and then the CEL remains on steady?

And answer this:

I'm not concerned at this point about any fuse except 15A dash fuse 24. Do you know where it is? With the key in ON(II), does installed fuse 24 have voltage on BOTH top test tabs?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I went ahead and moved this over to the 5th gen section.

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes the fuse is good, number 24 and 31. When i put my voltmeter at the fuel pump connector i test from the pos. wire to chassis ground i have battery voltage. Then i test from the pos wire to the ground wire i have 5.5 volts. So this tells me i must have a ground issue. Doesnt the pump ground through the ecu and then to the ground at the thermostat housing? I have checked the thermostat housing ground and it seems fine. Is there any other grounds that would effect this?

I had a complete running car with no problems at all then i bought another 95 civic DX and transferred ALL the wiring from my 95 EX to the DX to have my power options.

RonJ

Banned
The fuel pump grounds to the chassis at G551 via the floor harness. Make sure G551 is clean and tight. Also ohm test the wire.

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i didnt have it hooked up so i ohm'ed it and it read at .7 and then when i read how many volts - i am still at 5.5

RonJ

Banned
i didnt have it hooked up so i ohm'ed it and it read at .7 and then when i read how many volts - i am still at 5.5
There's a testing error or inconsistency because if the fuel pump ground wire really has only 0.7 Ohms, then you should also read battery voltage there. Reconnect the fuel pump connector to see whether the pump now runs. If not, redo the voltage and Ohm tests.