fuel pump upgrade trouble

gotz02skate

5+ Year Member
So I just installed my 255 pump its from high flow fuel systems ... I used a diy write up and everything was actually pretty simple I didn't damage anything ...so after installing .. I allow pump to whine 3 times snd then I turn it over to start .. at the instance I turn it .. the car feels like it wants to start .. but just shakes and continue to start as if it had.no gas . That's only after I let it whine a couple times .. I hsvr a little under half a tank of gas if its relevant

Gunner

Registered VIP
may sound like a dumb question but is everything connected properly or was it reconnected..did you pull any relay and not set it in all the way? always gotta start simple..

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
idk much about this, but i believe that requires a fuel return line.

gotz02skate

5+ Year Member
Everything is connected properly .. I believe if it wasn't it would ween when I turn key .. I unhooked my fuel line and turned pump on.. it weaned but fuel did not come out .. I did it s couple times and very little fuel was push out .. so I'm assuming it comes down to any of 3 things ... correct me if u think other wise cause I don't ..

1. My fuel pump filter is half the size of the stock one
2. It's and eBay pump and I've been duped
3. I have less than half a tank o gas ?

None the less if I can't find a fix ill just put the stock fuel pump back in ..
Is installing 330 cc injectors with a stock fuel pump on a turbo set up pointless ?

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its probably getting too much fuel and drowning itself. is your ecu chipped/tuned to run the pump or did you just throw it on and keep the stock ecu?

BLU CIVIC

I ❤ VIR
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its probably getting too much fuel and drowning itself. is your ecu chipped/tuned to run the pump or did you just throw it on and keep the stock ecu?
you can have a 255 fuel pump on a stock motor and have no problems, stock FPR and ecu keeps fuel flow in check

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When you put it to the second click do you hear it prime? Make sure you have the hose clamp on the fuel pump on tight and make sure you have the ground on the fuel pump on tight as well.

gotz02skate

5+ Year Member
didnt disconnect the ground on the fuel pump at any point... Stock ecu. and it primes each time i turn the key...

its not the stock sock filter or what ever the name is.. its half the size=\ i broke the stock one so i had to use the supplied one..

but i did disconnect the fuel line and let it prime.. the first 2 times i primed it, just noise was made.. the last time only a little bit of fuel was pushed through... in which i reconnected the line, then primed 3 more times and no luckk.. any ideas ??? also what is the name of the sock and is it possible to get one from kragen/auto zone maybe ill try that with the pump .,..

but like i said it makes the noise of priming but no gas

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like it isnt seated correctly in the tank, or the screen is preventing flow.

gotz02skate

5+ Year Member
hats off to you got traction....

found a solution after going to autozone and getting a new sock =\ s**t cost 20 bucks tho... so i started to put my stock fuel pump back on and i noticed it that the strainer/sock went a certain way.. completely oposite of the 255 when i had it set up... so the conclusion was... the pump that i had purchases was flipped 180 degrees and the way i had it set up originally the sock/strainer was in the air not getting fuel... so i fixed it with a little bit of modifying the cradel it sits in and it fires right up... now being the dumass that i am i started the car with no oil what so ever in the car...so 6 seconds of that i turn it off... then add 2 quarts of oil... and remember i dont have the oil fiter on.. so its been a long day but i only have 2 things left.. turbo muffler/piping and Oil feed like ( i can not find the right fitting to thread into the block.. its 1/8 but its like a special thread and i dunno i cant find a fitting to work so i guess ill take it to the dyno shop and have them deal with it..