Fueling issue

Jthompson20

Hello all,

Today i received my very first Honda, its a 90 civic hatchback 1.5. After spend a few hours messing trying to figure out why it wont run ive discovered that its not getting any fuel. I have confirmed the pump turns on but im not getting any fuel to the filter on the firewall. Anyone know of a common issue causing a blockage between point a (fuel pump ) and point b ( fuel filter ) or any other issue such as the pump turn on but doesn't actually pump any due to laziness =)

Thank in advanced,

Jthompson20

Are you talking about an electrical relay? if so, then how would it stop fuel from getting from the pump to the filter on the firewall? is there solenoid or something on the line? i pulled the access panel under the rear seat to the sending unit and can hear the the pump running, i then removed the fuel line at the filter and no fuel was running out. And before anyone ask, yes it has half a tank of gas. lol

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have u checked for a clogged filter?

Jthompson20

are there 2? the only one i seen was on the passenger side fire wall in the engine bay and im not getting any fuel to it from the pump.

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
Have you checked your fuel injects? I'm sure its your fuel pump if anything. Try to turn the key and have someone listen on the back of the car for the fuel pump sucking fuel.

sent from my EVO eater

Jthompson20

not sure, i was unable to check due to the fact i loaned out my floor jack and couldn't get under the car to take the line off at the tank . then it got dark and i deiced to call it a day. i will check first thing in the morning. just kind of hopping that someone had a similar problem and new of a faulty part the was prone to clog.

Jthompson20

Have you checked your fuel injects? I'm sure its your fuel pump if anything. Try to turn the key and have someone listen on the back of the car for the fuel pump sucking fuel.

sent from my EVO eater
I removed the assess panel under the rear seat and could hear it run clear as day and didn't sound as if it was struggling. as for it its actually pumping, not sure yet.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Assess. :rolf:

Chase the fuel from the tank and find out where it stops :what:

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
This^^^ is your best bet... Did you change your fuel filter? It's cheap and a good fix long term if it does go out.

sent from my EVO eater

Jthompson20

This^^^ is your best bet... Did you change your fuel filter? It's cheap and a good fix long term if it does go out.

sent from my EVO eater
From the looks of it, the car has had a fresh tune up not long ago including a new fuel filter. My guess is that they had this problem, and after throwing parts at it hoping something would work, just moved and let it get impounded. witch is how i ended up with it. well actually i put a lift kit on a jeep for the guy that impounded it and did all the paperwork. The issue is that im not getting fuel to the filter at all. like something between the pump and filter is clogged or the pump is running but not pumping. or it has another filter under the car and not just the one on the firewall.

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
Pull the filter and turn the key... If fuel is running thru the tubing that's disconnected then you will know.. if not. Let us know =)

sent from my EVO eater

Jthompson20

Pull the filter and turn the key... If fuel is running thru the tubing that's disconnected then you will know.. if not. Let us know =)

sent from my EVO eater
Already did that. Thats how i know im not getting any fuel to it. im going back to mess with it first thing in the morning. ill keep yall posted.

Jthompson20

issue solved!!

So i got my floor jack back, and after lifting up the car i discovered that the rubber soft lines coming from the pump to the hard lines were kinked at the tank. from the looks of it, someone dropped the tank ( to put in a new pump, i went ahead and dropped the tank to check why it was dropped the first time) and reconnected the soft lines while the tank was down and when they jacked it back in to place the extra length cased it to kink. i just removed the line, cut to proper size, presto! the car runs good as new.