Full suspension overhaul and review. ASR, Ctr, Nrg, Password JDM Sway strut tie bar.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Astheros said:
HU? i assume you know i just got a stock civic so i am riding on stock shocks...might talk my girl into buying it if not then ill def buy it this friday since its payday and its cheap enough. they only come in one color?
i want to do the whole black/red theme on my car.
lol yes i know.. :lol:

do the black and red theme.......DO IT!

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice write up man! now i gotta spend money on a swaybar... damn. lol

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sohclubkid said:
nice write up man! now i gotta spend money on a swaybar... damn. lol
dampers and springs first though ;)

swaybars are secondary to the springs and dampers.. a good sping and damper combo will do much more than a beefy sway bar

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
dampers and springs first though ;)

swaybars are secondary to the springs and dampers.. a good sping and damper combo will do much more than a beefy sway bar
yea, im getting NEUSPEED race springs and Koni Yellows.
but i like that info you gave on the sway bar... def changed my view on getting one.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think it was like 550 for everything... i do not know the individual prices though sorry

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
would the H-brace be of any benefit to me with a stock suspension? or should i save that money and invest in c/o's down the road?

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HondaSpeedaX said:
would the H-brace be of any benefit to me with a stock suspension? or should i save that money and invest in c/o's down the road?
its hard to tell.. the h brace was the last thing i put on and tested out after i put a whole lot of other suspension parts.. Like alot..

I can tell you this though.. Out of all the chasis stiffening braces and tie bars, it makes the most difference.. So definatly get it before you get a lower tie bar or rear strut bar or fron strut bar or c pillar

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
soooo spend a little $75 now on the brace and wait longer for suspension? or reverse it...kinda

importedTuna

Extreme User
5+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
Personally i dont do that "ease into a shift balance the clutch and gas stuff" during 2nd and up. As a result my car jerks all the time when i shift and my passenger always goes flying.
Haha you still have a little bit of PRNDL left in your system...I feel your pain. Nice writeup though man, my buddy really needs an H brace on his GSR, he wheel hops all over the place without even trying; I guess that goes to show; don't buy a stage 2 clutch and 7 lb flywheel and expect to parallel park it.

chunktwo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
would the H-brace fit on a 6th gen coupe as well.

also from the pics, is there anything else to bolt in other the the bolts for the LCA.. from your pics it looks like nothnig is bolted down for the flat section of the brace.

Thank you and great review... .. very useful

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
H-Braces work on 6th gen's. A site sponsor actually sells NRG products, and one of them being an H-Brace.

I'm really thinking about getting one because when the roads are dry, I'm a f**king maniac when it comes to turns. I'm not really into sraight-line driving, I'm more into Auto-X type stuff except on back roads and such when no ones around.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks nice. I personally don't like the looks of the ASR so I am going with beaks.

jdm97ek4

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice write up,but you might wanna invest in a set of jack stands. dont trust jacks alone kids have been killed by cars falling on the due to jack failure. go to wal mart and spend 12.00 and get a set of stands.