Fully Built Turbo 96 Civic Ex Coupe 1 Year In The Making

SmashBros

Lol nah, still havent recieved the clutch yet... hopefully ill have it by wednesday or thursday at the latest. If it fixes the problem, i shud b back on the road by friday =)

SmashBros

The cars now running! Just finished installing the new clutch and the transmission. The reason why the gears wouldnt disengage is because of the clutch. Turns out i bought the wrong clutch disk for the prussure plate..(even though they were both made by exedy...)

Still got a couple issues. Easiest one is a leaking coolant hose and the hardest is a fuel leakage that i cannot find.. Seems to be coming from the crank case ventilation hose...

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
awesome job so far brau; the gash on you head means she (you're car) has drawn blood and is now "Truly" you're car. damn tho man, what a way to finish a project. good deal on her running; its been a long time but i dont think a pcv hose has anything to do with a fuel leak. it seems you know you're way around you're bay, put her on jacks, wipe the engine bay down, start her and find that fuel leak so so you dont burn down that beautiful ride. gl:rocker:

SmashBros

awesome job so far brau; the gash on you head means she (you're car) has drawn blood and is now "Truly" you're car. damn tho man, what a way to finish a project. good deal on her running; its been a long time but i dont think a pcv hose has anything to do with a fuel leak. it seems you know you're way around you're bay, put her on jacks, wipe the engine bay down, start her and find that fuel leak so so you dont burn down that beautiful ride. gl:rocker:
Yea, lol. The scar is jus proof of dedication to me. Cuz nt many ppl wud keep goin with a project after all the shyt this car put me thru.. And yea, i knw its nt the pcv hose, but for some reason gas keeps buildin around it and onto the two driver side intake mani runners.. i think its prolly a injector o ring or fuel rail being loose.. idk, but ill find out soon enough..

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
Yea, lol. The scar is jus proof of dedication to me. Cuz nt many ppl wud keep goin with a project after all the shyt this car put me thru.. And yea, i knw its nt the pcv hose, but for some reason gas keeps buildin around it and onto the two driver side intake mani runners.. i think its prolly a injector o ring or fuel rail being loose.. idk, but ill find out soon enough..
good place to start then, let us know what happens.

SmashBros

Just hit 230 miles yesterday with no problems, just a little oil burning up due to the freshly seated piston rings.. Takin it easy for the 1000 mile break in period while waitin on gettin my two last parts for tue turbo build. Possibly, by the rate at which im drivin, ill b at 1000 by early march.

SmashBros

Unfortunately, after all that hardwork, money, blood, scars and tears, i gotta state ref mod ticket.. in other words, before i could even turbo it, they make me take her off the streets for good until i go see the state referee.. I had only two choices, cough up an extra grand and hella hardwork to make the car fully legal, or just give her up... So, i did wat any tired guy would do, give her up! Lol.

But after about 15 min of browsing on craigslist, ive found someone who wanted to trade for my civic..
Heres wat ive got now...

Decipher

Registered VIP
This build is a f**king let-down and tease, damnit! lol I read the whole thing, just when you get the car running, it's gone! California sucks for real. I can't even count how many people's builds on here get stopped in their tracks by that state's regulations.

SmashBros

Exactly dude... The cop was a real a*****e compared to the other cops who just slapped me in wrist with a warning.. he could have atleast given me a damn fix it ticket.. smh But its alright, im pretty happy with my z28.. But to be honest, im nt sure if ill ever be going back to the honda world again lol

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Cali sucks for modding cars. I get to do whatever I want here, no questions asked.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cali sucks for modding cars. I get to do whatever I want here, no questions asked.
:word: you and i both! its nice out here in nebraska...plus im close to all the meets granted they are at the coasts usually for the big ones but im right in the middle of the US...couldnt ask for more..