DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I painted my rims today

I started with this:

and ended with this:

The lips arent in the best condition....but I figured itd look better with a polished lip than pure gold

I used the same products as you....expcet I used the engine enamel for the gold paint...cuz they didnt have any gold wheel paint.
Those came out sweet!

I have the exact same set but the fake version and they are beat up pretty badly!
I think I might do this and slap it back on my GF's car.

King James

5+ Year Member
thanks guys....Ill be getting pictures on the car probably this weekend since I dont really have much time during the week.

I just bought some s-tech springs also to lower it a bit....I hate 4x4 mode lol....Id like to go lower...but not with the roads around here.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beautiful!

Sanding all those spokes has to be an ass kicker though :shock:

DocShay

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have my OEM honda wheels that are in bad shape and could like to do this. Is it okay to take off the weight balance? It looks ugly as hell...

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have my OEM honda wheels that are in bad shape and could like to do this. Is it okay to take off the weight balance? It looks ugly as hell...
You have to get them rebalanced after, ask them to use the sticky weights inside the rim instead.

Nice paint jobs guys.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I finally got the rims thrown on the car:

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Now it just needs to sit a little lower, get rid of that wheel gap :P

wheels look awesome man.

ekcivicdx

5+ Year Member
wow, def looks good, i tried painting my old wheels, way to much sanding for me to do, lol, but i did have a fresh set of steelies that i painted red on the inside and black lip that are my winter/beater wheels

props to you man!