Future Build?

Khafka23

So after talking to a few people on here and some friends, I have a general idea of what I want to do to my Civic. All comments welcome as I am a noob. Car is a 2005 honda civic EX sedan special edition.
First thing I plan on doing is debagging and lightening my car. I wana kill as much dead weight as possible (ie remove spare tire, install carbon-fiber hood, put in racing seats etc) some have suggested removing AC.
The next step is a turbo kit (such as Turbo Specialties (TSI) D Series Turbo Kit), exaust, cold air intake ( I was looking at the Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake) and sparkplugs. Any suggestions and comments are welcome.
Also curious as to what tires (size and type) people suggest.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it will be a good idea to post a some pics of your ride first

Khafka23

Sure, Id love to post some pics. I already have my taillights in (which was more difficult to do then I expected).

And ya, Cheyenne Wy. It sucks here. Im from Fort Collins CO, but im stuck here for now. I take it you've been here?

And since I don't know whats good in exhaust, what do people recommend. Its probably going to be one of the first things I do performance wise.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
In my opinion, getting a CF hood, ditching your spare tire, and getting racing seats will barely effect your overall weight. If you want true weight reduction, you want to gut the inside, get carbon fiber body panels, etc. If it's a DD, there's no way you're going to achieve enough weight reduction to notice a difference.

In terms of performance, do an engine swap. The D-Series are weak motors. I think 7th gen's are pretty limited on options as opposed to 5th/6th gens. But a K24 (Accord/TSX) motor would be awesome. K20A2 (RSX Type S) would be another great motor but is more expensive.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are your goals? Are you going for a pure race car?

Khafka23

I would LOVE to do an engine swap, but I keep getting conflicting opinions. But ya, everything I have heard about the D is that it is weak, since it is a SOC. As for it being a DD, yes it gets about 4 miles a day, more on the weekends. Its just that everyone I have talked to told me that weight reduction is the place to start. The examples I gave were just a few of the things that were suggested.

So to make it simple, no its not a race car. I want to double the HP (about 127 now) and I thought that a turbo was most promising.

Ill post those pics when I find my camera >.<