Future Civic owner just found the site

monkeyninja05

5+ Year Member
Hey all,
I've been looking for a board like this since I decided to buy a Civic. Glad I found one. I don't have my new ride yet, but within a week or two I hope to be ridin' in a Black '06 model Civic (coupe or sedan, haven't fully decided yet but I'm leaning toward either an LX or EX coupe....depending on the differences in payments and insurance costs).

I'll guess I'll let ya' know what I pic and show it off as soon as I get it. I have a few new car enthusiast friends where I work who've volunteered to help make it a nice, respectable machine. ;-)

later for now...

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to the site

it rocks :rocker:

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcom, go w/ the ex, shouldn't be an insurance difference between those two, now the SI sure there would be a difference, keep us posted and once again welcome ;)

soswank

Dentist in the making
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcome. unless you have a family or use the back seats regularly, get the ex. well worth speading the extra 1 grand.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah go with the ex

and welcome aboard. :thumbs up

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:welcome: to the site....

Hope you like it here....

Always look at the stickies, they are there for a reason... Read the Member Guidelines just to make sure.... And enjoy it! :ok:

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcome to CC

I'm going to take the un popular vote and say go with the LX, they all have the same engine, but unless you want navi or sunroof, now I dont see the point getting an EX :what:

go come on CC flame on :lol:

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
krayziejcs said:
I'm going to take the un popular vote and say go with the LX, they all have the same engine, but unless you want navi or sunroof, now I dont see the point getting an EX :what:
EX also has four wheel disc brakes.... ;)

monkeyninja05

5+ Year Member
You guys sure are friendly here...that's cool.

Yeah, the main reason I'd go for the EX is to get the Navigation. I am not sure I can afford it (or really need it) though. Most likely I will opt for a LX coupe since I only really need two doors. I do want to test drive one first though. I have driven the LX sedan and liked it alot but I still want to drive the two-door before I decide.

I have always opted for the 4-door cars in the past and then when looking at the LX coupe it hit me....I don't usually drive that many people around. At most it's usually me and my best friend....or me and my girlfriend. I 'sometimes' drive around her and her son and little brother but that's been about it lately. So I don't really need four doors. Besides, I noticed that the LX coupe actually comes with a few options that the LX sedan does not. So financially, the coupe looks to be the better option as the only way to get some of those deleted options in a sedan is to upgrade to the EX.

I will price an EX model with nav....but doubt I will get it. I think I'd be perfectly happy with an LX coupe. Especially with what kinds of 'upgrades' I have in mind. ;-) Anyone see knight Rider? Picture a black LX coupe with that front silver grill thing replaced by the red scanner light that you see on the Knight Rider car. Add to that a spoiler and a body kit.....oh and OF COURSE a radar/laser scrambler for our not-so-friendly-ones in blue.

Well that's enough out of me for now...what do you guys think of my idea?

I have to head to work for now....later

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just get the navi, its sweet and it would always come in handy at one time or another, not many round here like the body kits (me being one of them) but don't let that discourage your plans, i like the simple lip kit they have for those

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
42Steps said:
:welcome: to the site....

Hope you like it here....

Always look at the stickies, they are there for a reason... Read the Member Guidelines just to make sure.... And enjoy it! :ok:
:wstupid: :werd:

And EX over LX... I doubt there will be anything more than a negligable difference in insurance costs as its the same motor..... =)

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcome to the site....you should get an SI!!!!! haha, but i know that money is tight sometimes, so i guess an ex coupe will work

monkeyninja05

5+ Year Member
Heh...no way I could afford an SI. I'd be paying more than I'm paying now for my Lancer. Also...I'm not too fond of manuals. I prefer to slip it in drive and just cruise. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a coupe...at least after I get to test drive one I will be. I don't think the insurance difference will be that big a deal. Plus I just like the slightly expanded list of options the coupe has over the sedan.

monkeyninja05

5+ Year Member
Well the guys at my dealer called and woke me out of a sound sleep to tell me they had a black LX coupe ready for me to test drive. So I stopped by before work. There's only one thing about the car that I didn't like....the absence of the options I can't afford... ;-) Seriously the car wowed me. I was made for the coupe. I liked it so much that I started programming the radio stations I like into the stereo buttons while the salesman was still going on about options and such. I told him tint the windows, but don't touch the seat position or my radio stations or do anything stupid like putting that lame-ass pin stripe down the side. I'd call him in an hour when I knew for sure my coworker was taking over my current car.

So all...wish me luck. I'm supposed to hear from my friend at 10 or so Saturday morning. THEN I have to call the dealer and make sure they didn't do anything ELSE stupid, like sell my car to someone else in the 8 hours I was at work last night. If my friend comes through (she really needs a car) and if the dealer is smart.....I might be ridin' in an '06 LX Coupe by Monday or Tuesday. Then......all that's left for the immediate options/upgrade department is that danged Radar detector/jammer I want....ya know....to help me ummm....abide by the speed laws....umm...officially. ;-)

(yeah right)