Fuuuuu. Locks..

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
God damnit, another problem.

Woke up this morning and went to go start my car for a few.. Well it turns out I can't even get into my car. I go inside, and try my other set of keys.. and they don't work. I also tried to use the key to unlock the doors, and it won't even budge inside. I went back inside, poured hot water over my lock and it also did nothing. Fuuuu. So I tried to climb through my trunk and get into my car. SUCCESS! not really.. Unlocked my door and it went right back to locked.

Wtf do I do? The door wont unlock :lol:

Tam4511

Boost Fiend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mine did this for the longest time, i had to hot wire the lock to get in, the plug that goes from the chassis to the door was unplugged, so the lock would default lock.

so if yours is anything like mine, then there is a disconnection somewhere.
if you can get the door open, take off the door panel and disconnect the lock until you figure it out.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mine did this for the longest time, i had to hot wire the lock to get in, the plug that goes from the chassis to the door was unplugged, so the lock would default lock.

so if yours is anything like mine, then there is a disconnection somewhere.
if you can get the door open, take off the door panel and disconnect the lock until you figure it out.
But I can't open the door.. I tried to open it from the inside and It wont budge. The lock would auto-lock itself again. It would move but it just locks. I'm gunna go home around noon and see if it'll unlock because I washed it last night and it could be frozen?

Tam4511

Boost Fiend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have no idea then, i took the handle cup out of my door, and stuck a tester light to some wires while grounded and hot wired it open, but idk about civic doors.

you can always just take the door off lol

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wish i could. I guess I'll just weld it shut and put a nascar net on it. :lol:

DaOne

Hmm... if the autolock thing is electric... you can pop the hood, unplug the battery and unlock the door!
and then take the door apart and see whats going on?

iBeast

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its frozen. it happens to mine at least once every winter. i sprayed WD40 inside the lock and it worked. its probably frozen in the door jam too because you washed it the other day. I assume its really cold in nebraska right now.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got it to unthaw. I let it sit in the sun all day, crawled through the trunk, and started it up. I just had to let it run for like 30 mins.

its f**king cold in Nebraska now.

cobb2819

you know it's cold when the only way to get your car to function properly is to move states, haha. good call on the thaw though.

steviezee47

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your neighbors must have a real good laugh when they watch a guy climb through his trunk to get in his car

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
try to get in thru the trunk. there should be 2 levers to drop the back seats down. up by where the rear speakers are, in that general area. that should get u in the car. hope this helps.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
try to get in thru the trunk. there should be 2 levers to drop the back seats down. up by where the rear speakers are, in that general area. that should get u in the car. hope this helps.
Haha sorry, i got in a few days ago, and it's all good now

THANKS FAGGOT :lol: jkjk