Gas gauge

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok so about 4 days ago i filled up my tank with premium gas. I only drive to school and then to practice so i only get to about 60 mph. I had gone 200 miles and the gauge said i had half a tank which i thought was amazing but then i only got 75 miles to the last half. Is this usual for any of you guys?? I take off anywhere from 2500 to 3000 rpms and i shift around 3k as well so im not really running it hard. Can someone help?

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
i have had that issue too only mine would go up on my way to work and then on my way home it would read 1/4 lower

i have no idea why it does this but oh well you will get used to it eventually

RonJ

Banned
Ok so about 4 days ago i filled up my tank with premium gas. I only drive to school and then to practice so i only get to about 60 mph. I had gone 200 miles and the gauge said i had half a tank which i thought was amazing but then i only got 75 miles to the last half. Is this usual for any of you guys?? I take off anywhere from 2500 to 3000 rpms and i shift around 3k as well so im not really running it hard. Can someone help?
Sounds like a normal Civic gas gauge, which only gives a rough estimate for how much gas is in the tank. To determine mileage, divide the number of miles driven since the last fill up by the volume of gas burned (=volume needed to refill tank).

Why are you using premium gas???

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well my dad told me to use premium idk i dont pay for my gas so i just do it

mahalo

formerly egninesallday
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well my 92 hatch's gauge the second it touches the red line i instantly tun out of gas but you always get more miles to the first half of the fill up

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i filled it up today and drove 70 miles and it went up above full lol

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mine does same thing just use unleaded it says unleaded only on your guage so why pay for somethig you dont need?

p.s. its not a streetbike....

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mine does same thing just use unleaded it says unleaded only on your guage so why pay for somethig you dont need?

p.s. its not a streetbike....
oh s**t no way, i thought i had a gsxr here. My dad knows more Bout cars then i do and i dont pay for my gas so i just do what he says, unless its bad for it???

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
well its not going to hurt it if your not paying for it then keep doing it

i dont run anything but premium in my b16 cuz if i do it runs like ass

but you will get used to your gas guage eventually lol

just do what i did and fill it up and drive until it starts to cut out and figure out how many mpg you get and then go from there lol

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol not really an option cause my dad only pays for my gas at the station we have a tab at so i cant run out anywhere else and does anyone know how big the tank is? im guessing 10 but idk

jon31562

mmmm..turbo?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
never run your car completely out of gas..... its very bad for your fuel pump...

it sounds like any other civic gas guage...

its supposed to be a 10 i think... but including the tube it'll hold almost 11.6 ... if you fill it up till it spews out some...

just sayin