Gas leaking from headers or head.. Help!!!!

91souls

ok so i have a gas leaking from my head but it runs don the headers only while it is on. i heard i might have bad injectors but i am not sure. i have never seen this before and honestly its tripping me out because i dont see gas leaking from the injectors it leaks from the opposite side. like around right side of the engine (by timing belt) between the headers, valve cover, head area. so yea any info would be awesome thanks again

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bad head gasket? Too much fuel being sprayed in the chambers and blown through the holes in the gasket maybe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your flow rate may be too high... and you may have a bad head gasket and your valve seals may be bad.. all allowing the fuel to go where it pleases.

Are you blowing black smoke?

Is the fuel catching fire?

91souls

yess there is black smoke,
i was able to catch the gas coming down the headers in a pan,
and yess, the gasoline caught on fire right away

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
There would be a direct path from your injectors to your HEADER (no S unless you have a J swap) if your valves aren't fully closing/opening and your header gasket is blown (or some sort of leak or crack in the header itself). There may be some other ways that gas could go from the back to the front of your motor but I don't see any other likely scenario than what I just described. I know lots of people frown on this, but use some Seafoam and see if that clears up the carbon build up that will keep your valves from fully closing in the intake and exhaust strokes. If that doesn't work, you may want to pop the head off and get to work.

Good luck.