Gas Mileage Question

Morpherex

5+ Year Member
Suggestion for ya. One of the best investments for every single car you buy is to get a haynes manual for it.

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Suggestion for ya. One of the best investments for every single car you buy is to get a haynes manual for it.
What is the best manuals available? I hate the haynes manuals. I can't find a Helms that covers the ED series. Most of them are for the 88-91 CRX and annoys the hell out of me because some of the stuff are different. I guess I'll try looking on Ebay

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yea, I got the alternator and battery checked yesterday...I was told to get the starter checked next, and then if not that then off to the honda dealer...I was driving it the other day, and it just went completely out on me and I ended up having to leave it on the side of the road overnight, but when I came back in the morning it cranked up fine and I drove it home....any ideas....

Allmotor_junkie

4 Door Whore YO>
5+ Year Member
Yea, I got the alternator and battery checked yesterday...I was told to get the starter checked next, and then if not that then off to the honda dealer...I was driving it the other day, and it just went completely out on me and I ended up having to leave it on the side of the road overnight, but when I came back in the morning it cranked up fine and I drove it home....any ideas....
check your gap's on the spark plugs, they could be too close or too far and causing them to heat up to much and then stll the car out on you.

D17Denver

JDM products
5+ Year Member
hey check O2 senors ur burning to rich so if ur 1st o2 sensor isn't cross counting enough than ur going to ridin rich and that causes lost in fuel ecomony and lost in power and only way to check is scan tool but since ur OBD1 u need a DSO,merry christmas:roll:

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey check O2 senors ur burning to rich so if ur 1st o2 sensor isn't cross counting enough than ur going to ridin rich and that causes lost in fuel ecomony and lost in power and only way to check is scan tool but since ur OBD1 u need a DSO,merry christmas:roll:
D17 Where about do you stay. I'm SouthWest Denver. Glad to see someone else from CO on here=)

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
any chance you know what the gaps in the spark plugs should be, and could tell me where the O2 sensors would be located...thanks...

SeeOurWrecks

5+ Year Member
O2 is on the exhaust manifold, you'll need a special socket and some penetrating lube to get it off. Gap on the d16 should be .044 on regular plugs

Morpherex

5+ Year Member
What is the best manuals available? I hate the haynes manuals. I can't find a Helms that covers the ED series. Most of them are for the 88-91 CRX and annoys the hell out of me because some of the stuff are different. I guess I'll try looking on Ebay
Why do you hate haynes? Chilten is another option. I'm just used to haynes I guess because it's the best one for DSM's. It also seems pretty accurate for my civic.
But anyway, the point is some type of manual is the best investment. Heck, best of them all is all-data if you wanna waste 4 grand on software.