Gas Mileage

20civic04

5+ Year Member
Just wondering how many MPG you guys get in city and highway conditions, especially 04 owners. I pretty pissed cause i just got 22 MPG in city like conditions in my automatic 04 civic lx, almost all shifts under 3k. Could the fact that it has 153,000 miles on it have anything to do with it. I just changed oil and filter about a 1000 miles ago and tires have the right PSI. Gonna check air filter tomorrow.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i got 30 mpg this last tank, hopefully this next one is better.

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
30mpg is pretty hard to get in the city, but I have done it many times, being a little granny shifter.
That was shifting about 2500 never reving it to take off at all in the manual.

But, 40-45mpg is easy on the highway just throw it in cruise.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yesterday i averaged 38mpg on the highway with a couple cylinder misfires :cool:

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i had a blown head gasket, and i was in a rush to put everything back together.. ever since i got it together i been throw a cel like crazy. finds out that i have a cyl #1 & 2 misfire, multiple misfire, and a "bad" crankshaft position sensor. ill probably fix it over this weekend.. and thanks for the compliment btw. props for chaos for makin it for me =)

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I get 30+ with the A/C running most of the time on the streets.

w7 civic

5+ Year Member
I get about 38-40 mpg's like every tank, the worst part is when I get on a highway or something I do about 65-70 mph.

w7 civic

5+ Year Member
Just wondering how many MPG you guys get in city and highway conditions, especially 04 owners. I pretty pissed cause i just got 22 MPG in city like conditions in my automatic 04 civic lx, almost all shifts under 3k. Could the fact that it has 153,000 miles on it have anything to do with it. I just changed oil and filter about a 1000 miles ago and tires have the right PSI. Gonna check air filter tomorrow.
I don't know if it will help alot but you might want to change you spark plug.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
30mpg is pretty hard to get in the city, but I have done it many times, being a little granny shifter.
That was shifting about 2500 never reving it to take off at all in the manual.

But, 40-45mpg is easy on the highway just throw it in cruise.
yeah, i got on the freeway like once on that tank and probably redlined it like 4-6 times. i did the math after i filled up.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't think mine has ever gotten worse than 35mpg. If I want a car to rag on a little I take the DC5, and even then the worst I've had for a tank was 24mpg after an all-day Auto-X school.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't think mine has ever gotten worse than 35mpg. If I want a car to rag on a little I take the DC5, and even then the worst I've had for a tank was 24mpg after an all-day Auto-X school.
^weird, how big are the tracks you go to?

i usually run on the 1/2 mile track, and i average around maybe like 20-22mpg on there in the EM2..

Bennicus

5+ Year Member
Mpg

I have been getting 38 consistently. All highway and very little around town cruising.

Kamikaze

Sesquipedalian
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mileage

Got ~33 mpg city, then put in a K&N and got a nice boost; reset ecu and am getting about 5mpg more...

Did some highway driving this week and hit 291 on just over half a tank... posted pic in Off Topic (http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=145538) Because I have a manual, I short-shift and coast down hills a lot, which def. helps

If you haven't swapped filters yet, it's a cake 5 minute swap that pays for itself in a tank or two. Otherwise, make sure your OEM filter's clean!

shadowed76

5+ Year Member
Got ~33 mpg city, then put in a K&N and got a nice boost; reset ecu and am getting about 5mpg more...

Did some highway driving this week and hit 291 on just over half a tank... posted pic in Off Topic (http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=145538) Because I have a manual, I short-shift and coast down hills a lot, which def. helps

If you haven't swapped filters yet, it's a cake 5 minute swap that pays for itself in a tank or two. Otherwise, make sure your OEM filter's clean!
can you give me details on your mods.. i'm a newbie..... and wish to see my civic give me high MPG... gas prices going roof-top.

Thanks,

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I get 30+ with the A/C running most of the time on the streets.
I couldn't get 30 mpg if I tried I got 28 once, but most of the time it's more like 25 miles per gallon. Of course 17's aren't helping in my favor or the fact that the speed limit and my speed most of the time is above 75.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i still get 30-28mpg, and i drive mainly city. 04 ex here. redline it a few times too :thumbup:

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^weird, how big are the tracks you go to?

i usually run on the 1/2 mile track, and i average around maybe like 20-22mpg on there in the EM2..
Devens airport, pretty good size but lots of low speed stuff.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive been getting above 30mpg in the city, usually on the lower side, but depends where i drive and how much traffic. you gotta have a light foot and dont go above 3k rpms

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Read your thread of the tune ups you made on civforums, i cleaned the egr valve, like you said, and man was that thing annoying to put back in lol either way good s**t, i try to keep mine as new as i can as well. :thumbs up