gauge cluster not working

kenkan8878

5+ Year Member
everything working fine accept the meter"speed gauge" well last month it was like jumping around 0 jump to 300 donw to 30 and back up and down keeps going....... then until last week the whole thing was stopped, i've been changed the whole cluster but still the same, yesterday i changed the whole engine wiring harness but yea .....same happen..... should i change the speed sensor next?? what should i do? anyone got this bad happen b4?

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its the VSS that should have been your first guess but its simple one bolt and some wiggling... just check autozone on how toos

kenkan8878

5+ Year Member
speed sensor so expensive i've been asked $200~ might go to drunk yard check out if they hav any

kreatine30

5+ Year Member
dude i had the same issue my Speed would zoooooom to 60 80 120 then down to 0, all while i was only doing 30. First i changed the speed sensor. Then that didnt fix it. Next i just ordered a "new" gauage from ebay, and that fixed the b***h!

kenkan8878

5+ Year Member
oh i did bought the whole cluster, 200 man , but yea......same s**t happen......looking for a cheap speed sensor......can't find it anywhere man? where you got the sensor from?

Sir2

5+ Year Member
juss unplug it and plug it back in. make sure you hear the click cuzz that happened to me last time besides jumpin to like 100 while doin lik 20 and then stopped... i forgot to plug it in all the way wen i changed my tranny fluid