general lowering/suspension question

JimmyRedShine

5+ Year Member
I'm looking to lower my car (2000 civic ex coupe) about 1.5 inches. My questions are:
1.Does lowering a car change the overall longevity of a car even it's done the "correct way" if no--->2?
2.What is the "correct way" to go about lowering a car about 1.5 inches or less?
3.Are there any products that people would recommend?
Thanks for your time and advice it always helps alot =)

Redwing24

Proud owner of a 99tegls
5+ Year Member
I would say get all the stuff you need. aka...Front camber kit or rear if your not going to use the washer trick. lower the car down then take it to the shop to get aligned. if you don't need the other parts sell them, and if you do great your finished.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get the Eibach Pro-Kit, get some shocks, and DON'T get a camber kit, just an alignment.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Camber kits help with tire contact to road, and saves tire lifes. But, it can hurt handling to an extent.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm looking to lower my car (2000 civic ex coupe) about 1.5 inches. My questions are:
1.Does lowering a car change the overall longevity of a car even it's done the "correct way" if no--->2?
2.What is the "correct way" to go about lowering a car about 1.5 inches or less?
3.Are there any products that people would recommend?
Thanks for your time and advice it always helps alot =)
1. alot depends on what setup u get and how u drive. a soft suspension and normal-spirited driving wont do anything. a stiff suspension with very agressive driving will probably at most pre-maturely wear bushings.

2. research, research and research. get a good quality product. look at sets that fit ur need/wants.

3. from personal experience, i'd recommend the Tokico HP set. i used to have it, comfy ride, handled well, lowered the car right around 1.5" all around. couple friends have that set on their civics and their very happy with it aswell.

as for camber kit, u wont need it with that drop. i had very very minimal camber wear with the Tokico's, nothing to be very concerned with. just get an alignment and u'll be fine.

isak

5+ Year Member
what is the "rear washer trick" that people to instead of getting rear camber?? sorry for newb question