Genuine JDM?

Kazuo

Pakalolo Member
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just to confirm, if a JDM item is in fact genuine, then it should have either a; made in Japan, JDM, or Japanese kanji characters stamped, sticked, or embossed on them right???

Cause I recently bought a item off e-bay that claimed that it was a genuine "JDM" item. When it arrived n i inspeced it, the friggin thing was stamped: "USDM/USA" on it!

The dude insisted that it was in fact "JDM" but when i asked about the USA stamp he seemed to have a sudden lost for words.

I ended up getting back half of what i paid him only cause i really needed the item anyways and didnt wanna go though the hassle of shipping it back to him!

so anyways...........theres my 60 second rant.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats what you get for buying JDM Altezzas off ebay lol jk

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well depending on what the item is, there are different ways to tell. what did you get?

Kazuo

Pakalolo Member
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I bought a center console (front section)

And when I flipped it over and looked on the inside, thats where it was stamped: made in usa.

not a genuine JDM right?

JCV2000

Dirty South Side
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well it certainly doesnt sound like one, but did it look JDM? Maybe they make it in the US and import to japan. That would make no sense financially but... nevermind.

Kazuo

Pakalolo Member
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Didnt look JDM at all, looks exactly like the stock one I had in my car.

vi3tboi714

MiLaNo Si
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he prolly meant JDM as in the style of it...its an overrate word now.....everythin JDM,, so watch out

_jawn

USDM king.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hm.. no pics before the purchase? kinda lame. but yeha usually OEM honda parts from japan are just stamped 'honda' and the part # nothing stamped made in japan on them. but usdm/usa is weird. cause they only stamp oem parts here in usa with 'honda' then the part #

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
this reminds me of the 94-97 accord sir, jdm dohc vtec, but the whole damn car with motor were all made in maryville ohio, damnit, so close to home and we still can't get the good stuff.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
theres two types of wanna be JDM. its UKDM and CDM.

UKDM- united kingdom domestic market
CDM- canada domestic market

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by anekin007
theres two types of wanna be JDM. its UKDM and CDM.

UKDM- united kingdom domestic market
CDM- canada domestic market
what the f**k are you talking about? how are either of these cars wanna be JDM?

My car is CDM and it's the exact same as a USDM Ex. So I guess USDM is wanna be JDM to eh?

HondaGirlRacer

CCSC member #2
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you talkin about the center console that overlays on the cupholder or is that something else? I'm asking because I want to get the one that overlays the cupholder w/cig lighter...I dont want that to happen to me cause I'm shopin on ebay for it right now

sookybomb

semper fidelis
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you gotta be really careful cause people right jdm on ebeay just to get people to look

handofgod

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

_jawn

USDM king.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jdm eg clusters have white faces.

Kazuo

Pakalolo Member
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by HondaGirlRacer
are you talkin about the center console that overlays on the cupholder or is that something else? I'm asking because I want to get the one that overlays the cupholder w/cig lighter...I dont want that to happen to me cause I'm shopin on ebay for it right now
The one i got was one long solid section which overlays the gear shifter. Did you buy your console already? Sorry for the late reply.