Get a spare key made from Wal Mart

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have an 01 civic and honda charged me 50 bills to get a new key...it was so sharp it took me a good minute to get the car started :shock:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have three keys. A squared dealer Honda key, A cirlcular dealer Honda key, and a walmart key. They all work for starting the car, but the circular one won't open the trunk or lower the back seats.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Don't forget to pick up your valet key if you didn't get one (that is, if your car has that option).

honda98civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i only have walmart keys. when i bought my car thats all they gave me. they both wont open my passenger door. its kinda scary knowing someone out there has a few keys to my car.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I had two keys cut at wal-mart. Both keys would unlock the doors, went into the ignition okay but wouldn't turn. I returned them and had them cut somewhere else and it worked fine. My advice would be go somewhere else.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just wonder if theres such a thing as a key code on my Civic & car won't start except one made from the dealer. Only have 1 key in very bad shape, I plan to replace it + 1 extra, but I heard $200-$300 to have it done @ dealer is just redicurous.
Lol. You don't have a immobilizer dude. It's like maybe $10 for a new master key at Honda.

Lonestar

Honda Driver
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't count on Wal-Mart always having the right size blanks though. Bought a vehicle over the weekend that only had one key so when I was down there getting some other things I asked to have a couple of spares made, but they were out of my size. Recommended a couple of hardware stores which were closed early on a saturday for whatever reason.

Then as luck would have it, I misplaced my one and only key. Locksmith will come out and cut one for $50. Called the nearest dealer 110 miles away and they can do one for $20.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
?? Is that they key that goes in next to where your fuel cover latch is?
The regular key locks the cylinder on the driver's floor. This locks the trunk release lever. The valet key is given to the other person you are allowing to drive the car. The valet key will not unlock the trunk, the fold down seats, or the trunk release lever on the floor.