Gettin new tires...which ones

SRLNCLT

mad jdm yo
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
K, I'm gonna get some new tires in the next couple weeks. I'm first gettin my camber kit put on. But I'm torn between 2 tires. Either the Toyo Proxes 4. Or the Toyo Proxes TPT. Yeah I know toyos aren't the best, at least thats what I've been told, but I like them. I'm going to get 195/50/16 because I want a little more tire and its close to the same diameter as stock. The Proxes 4 is aprox. $104 each with no milage warranty and 300 treadwear. The Proxes TPT is $131 each and has a 65,000 mile warranty and 400 treadwear. Both are V rated and I'm really not concerned with that because I don't ever get over 85mph.
What do you think?
L.

SRLNCLT

mad jdm yo
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Another thing is that I have an extra set of 14" ADR rims/tires for winter. If I get the TPT's I won't need them anymore cuz the TPT's are all season tires. But I don't think I'll get what I want to out of selling them.
L.

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you want road holding performance??? what do you want out of your tires? never giong above 85mph....please.

SRLNCLT

mad jdm yo
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What I want is for them to stick to the road and to take corners nicely. I also want them to last longer then 15,000 miles.
L.

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yokohama AVS-ES100
They have been good to me. Great handling on dry, good grip on turns, good wet weather handling, and hard sidewalls.

So far no problems. Costed me $90 ea

greg1174

98 EX Coupe
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Toyo Proxies FZ4's have been great for me....I do like the new Proxies 4's that are coming out though...and they are just a little cheaper...

SRLNCLT

mad jdm yo
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Um, no on Toyo FZ4's. I have had 2 sets and they have sucked!! NO WET TRACTION!! And they wear hella fast. But I got my RSLimited Ricochets and Kumho Ecsta 711 and I'm very pleased. THEY LOOK NICE!!
L.

rex_si86

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the best kumhos for you would be the ecsta v700s, they kick ass on all levels.

rex_si86

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but the older brother of the escta v700s are the v700 victeracers, they have the best lateral traction of any street tire, but the tread life is like 9,000 miles.

ZimZimma13

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the ecsta 712s and I think they are great, especially for the price (60 or so each)

mizjif

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kumho Ecsta Supras...ultra high performance and amazing price. Wet and dry cornering performance, good ride and quiet ride. Wut else can u ask for...oh ya....nice white smoke when you do get them loose.

Panther 25

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yokahama parada spec-2 are awsome tires they are good in all weather and great on the track

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have Toyo Proxes T1Ss and they haven't steered me wrong... heh heh.. no pun intended. ;) Great dry and wet traction... I dunno how many miles they're supposed to last though. =)

but they're performance tires.. not all seasons... ;)

Mark7901

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go with Yokohama AVS-ES100...they are only 86$ a tire....much better than toyo