gettin rims to fit?

olicy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got 205/40/17R koings and the seem to stick out a 1/2 inch on the driver side at the wheel well, and like 1 1/2 inch on the pass. side(but thats from hittin gruad rail). im gettin that fixed! i had my car slamed but when i put my rims on they couldn't fit i the wheel wells. i just got them inline! sorry if its hard to read i'm in a hurry at the moment! just wonderin if they should fit in the wheel well, cuase would like to slam it again! thanks

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeh they shouldfit..people with civics have 18s on their cars..:what:

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do u have positive camber?

IGotASlowCivic

Yeah Im slow... So?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
indeed thats very odd. you can literally slam a civic on 17s, you'll just get rubbing on sharp turns on extremely lowered levels.

positive camber sounds like a possible issue. and for some odd reason your forced to do negative camber to get your rims to tuck.. dont do it. save your tires.

olicy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the front camber is .2 degrees in the front!! how would i find out the offset?? and how many psi of air do i put in the tires?? i want to slam it again so bad, love it that way! i think i'm goin to take it to a repair shop and ask if they can get them in the wheel well.

fgraciano1980

keepin' it clean!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
olicy said:
BUMP! anybody?
sounds like you have an offset problem. civics usually take +40 thru +44 pretty well. the lower the number (like +35) the more they are going to stick out.

also your width can have somehing to do with it. are those rims 17x7.5 or 17x8?

fgraciano1980

keepin' it clean!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh, you can find the offset behind the face of the rim. usually on the spokes.

tj1993

5+ Year Member
I have a 93 civic 4dr dx and i want to lower the car with coilovers and i want to buy some chrome 18's but i think it would rub. And also i think the 18's i want to buy the tires come with them and i think the tire size is 235/40/18 will i run into any problums this way.

fgraciano1980

keepin' it clean!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tj1993 said:
I have a 93 civic 4dr dx and i want to lower the car with coilovers and i want to buy some chrome 18's but i think it would rub. And also i think the 18's i want to buy the tires come with them and i think the tire size is 235/40/18 will i run into any problums this way.
ya i think youll run into probelms. 18's are pretty big for civics, you wont be able to lower it too much. a 235/40/18 tire wont fit the civic though. youll have to get 205/35/18 for sure..