getting my first car soon...

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your one lucky kid, i had to work for my cars...

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get a 6th gen si... i wish i had done that so bad now...

CREEP1NGDEATH13

5+ Year Member

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i second the comment about getting a 6th gen si.. i wish i had known more about cars/civics when i bought mine, i would have waited and looked for one instead of an EX. with an 6th gen you'll have a great car and some money to customize it as you wish. no body kits please =)

good luck!

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if i had 13k i'd be findin a '94 rx7 tt... =) but that would be a shitty first car... a civic is a good place to start.

brent_si™

Ballers roll 20+ psi
5+ Year Member
If I were you I would go for a nice 6th gen si or em1. For that kinda of money you can get a low mileage one and have alot of money left to modify. You can get a nice peak boost turbo kit to go on it and have a fun 12 sec car.

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think i'd hold off on getting a turbo though. at least a year or two, until you get used to driving... those extra horses could get you in trouble ;)

02civicsi02

5+ Year Member
Everyone is going with the 6th gen cause thats the car they have and they dont know shawt. Ok if you want some advice that has had the ef, eg, em, and the ep. First off they are all great cars dont get me wrong and all very dependable. Since you are looking at the 6th and 7th gens i will explain them. Yes the 6th gen si em1 is a great car i will say that cause i have owned one myself, the b16a2 is a really great motor and the vtec in it is redonkulus. The em1 has a great style and looks really good. It is very easy it to swap in the b18c1 (gsr) ya and not for the 7th gen. The only thing bad bout the em1 is it is the number 1 rated stolen car in the world.

But the 7th gen ya the em2 they are not that great they have the d17 which is not worth the time. But now when you talk bout the ep3 then it is a different story it has the k20a3, ya its the slowest of the k series but matter of the fact is that ya you can swap a b18 in the em1 but its even easier to swap in the k24a2 in the ep. The k24a2 is faster that the gsr by far and bout the same price.

Some say that the stock ep3 is slower than a stock em1 will i can tell you that is false i had both of them at the same time and had my buddy race me in it. The em1 lost and it wasnt the driver either my buddy can drive so it wasnt that. The k20a3 has more trq. The great thing bout having the k20 is that you can gain more power gains than the rest cause its a bigger motor. I have had all these cars except the 8th gen.

Lmao someone said that the 7th gen isnt even a civic lol, as i recall the the 2002 honda civic type r was the greatest one made. Its faster and better than the new type r and the new si. Do some research before you talk. I have the ep3 now and it is the greatest one that i have had yet.

I say get the em1 2000 honda civic si or the ep3 2002-2005 honda civic si, but i would say go with the ep3 cause the look good can swap the greater motor in fast and easy and just to drive them is more fun.

02civicsi02

5+ Year Member
Oh and always buy the car stock then mod it, cause you dont know what is done to it and even if it is going to run good cause of how the owner drove it.

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Everyone is going with the 6th gen cause thats the car they have and they dont know shawt. Ok if you want some advice that has had the ef, eg, em, and the ep. First off they are all great cars dont get me wrong and all very dependable. Since you are looking at the 6th and 7th gens i will explain them. Yes the 6th gen si em1 is a great car i will say that cause i have owned one myself, the b16a2 is a really great motor and the vtec in it is redonkulus. The em1 has a great style and looks really good. It is very easy it to swap in the b18c1 (gsr) ya and not for the 7th gen. The only thing bad bout the em1 is it is the number 1 rated stolen car in the world.

But the 7th gen ya the em2 they are not that great they have the d17 which is not worth the time. But now when you talk bout the ep3 then it is a different story it has the k20a3, ya its the slowest of the k series but matter of the fact is that ya you can swap a b18 in the em1 but its even easier to swap in the k24a2 in the ep. The k24a2 is faster that the gsr by far and bout the same price.

Some say that the stock ep3 is slower than a stock em1 will i can tell you that is false i had both of them at the same time and had my buddy race me in it. The em1 lost and it wasnt the driver either my buddy can drive so it wasnt that. The k20a3 has more trq. The great thing bout having the k20 is that you can gain more power gains than the rest cause its a bigger motor. I have had all these cars except the 8th gen.

Lmao someone said that the 7th gen isnt even a civic lol, as i recall the the 2002 honda civic type r was the greatest one made. Its faster and better than the new type r and the new si. Do some research before you talk. I have the ep3 now and it is the greatest one that i have had yet.

I say get the em1 2000 honda civic si or the ep3 2002-2005 honda civic si, but i would say go with the ep3 cause the look good can swap the greater motor in fast and easy and just to drive them is more fun.
^^^^:word:This.I have a 2000 Si and I love it, but if I could have I would have went for an EP3.If it's in your budget and you want a civic get a EP3. But If you can go for an RSX Type-S. My cousin has one and they're just amazing.

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
First let me start off by saying your a lucky bastard that you have 13k to spend. In your first post you said your looking for a reliable car. Not once did you say fast or stylish. If you have 13 k to spend put 10k on a car with a warranty and spend the other 3k on little s**t. if you want reliable thats your best bet. when you start adding mods to your car, it becomes slightly less reliable, and turbo kits will void your warranty. and since it is your first car im almost 100% sure you cannot handle a turbo car. i have had three cars and im still careful with my civic. what im trying to say is all the turbo, fast and engine, talk is awesome. but make sure your FIRST car is RELIABLE!!!!! Shop around there are other reliable cars for 13k.

thisisoriginal

pete's cheese nugget
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Buy a cheap $2,000 stock civic then mod it with the other 11k.

That was my plan, but I kept most things stock.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
.......... If you want a 7th gen than get an EP3.... the others are dangerously slow.... Struggle to even make it up hills, its embarrassing.

Id suggest 96-2000 Civic EX, Stay away from EM1's as they really really arent are NOT special, they come stock with the B16, the torqueless wonder, just buy a cheap EX and swap an engine or boost the D.

If you buy an SI it WILL be stolen, thats just how it works.