Status
Not open for further replies.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
before everyone jumps on the f**k the police bandwagon lets think about this for a second...

- what cars are stolen the most? hmmm, honda civics that are modified are stolen all the time...so police run those plates to see if they are stolen.

- if you have window tint that is ILLEGAL, thats not the cops fault, its your fault for having ILLEGAL window tint.

- if its the law that your license plate has to be attached to your bumper, THEN f**king ATTACH IT TO YOUR BUMPER!

think about the crowd that is associated with the import scene. Lots of people with suspended license's, lots of people who do drugs, lots of wanna be gangsters....why wouldnt the police pull imports over?

I find it absolutly hilarious that people throw the race/rice card out when if you have a f**king brain...it would make sense.

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh God...enabling police to profile....that's exactly what we need.:slap:

I'm very used to it. I have been pulled over 19 times still with no ticket. I drive, "legit," and still get profiled. One day I will d**k up once due to tiredness or something and I'm going to get the max amount of a fine for it. It's all bullshit. If someone is actually suspicious of something, like unregistered plates, (or whatever the case may be) then yeah I can see that. But following me and waiting for me to make a mistake, or even trying to make me nervous or something because I ride low or have an exhaust and I'm young...Come on man that's garbage.
Then what are you crying about? Seriously, get a lawyer or get a Camry.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
before everyone jumps on the f**k the police bandwagon lets think about this for a second...

- what cars are stolen the most? hmmm, honda civics that are modified are stolen all the time...so police run those plates to see if they are stolen.

- if you have window tint that is ILLEGAL, thats not the cops fault, its your fault for having ILLEGAL window tint.

- if its the law that your license plate has to be attached to your bumper, THEN f**king ATTACH IT TO YOUR BUMPER!

think about the crowd that is associated with the import scene. Lots of people with suspended license's, lots of people who do drugs, lots of wanna be gangsters....why wouldnt the police pull imports over?

I find it absolutly hilarious that people throw the race/rice card out when if you have a f**king brain...it would make sense.
This s**t can be debated forever but I looked at the law for my state and it's not illegal to have your license plate off of your front bumper as long as it's fully visible which it was. I attached it immediately after JUST so cops wouldn't continue targeting me.

And I have 35% tint which is Oregon's legal limit, and I've been pulled over 3 times strictly for my "window tint being too dark." (Thank god for saving receipts in the vehicle)

Running plates is awesome, but to follow someone and s**t? Man if nothing is suspicious then they should piss the f**k off.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Then what are you crying about? Seriously, get a lawyer or get a Camry.
Really? I like what I like, and it just so happens to be my civic. So I should stop bitching or get a new car just because bored cops are taking advantage of their job? No way jose.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can see your points traction, and if this was a police let you off thread than the convo would be totally different. Just a question though, do u have a relative thats a cop or something cuz your sounding really aggravated all of a sudden lol. Not trying to say all cops are bad, I've been pulled over at least 10 times in the like 1 and a half years i've had my license, and I know its not all racial or anything along those lines, probably mostly because I deliver for work so I drive 4x as much as most people, and Im not trying to say all cops are assholes or anything like that, just that the majority of cops that we deal with arent the best ones. Despite this I for one can tell stories of the nice cops who've let me go when I did do something like one who let me off with a warning after I was tired and I rolled through a right turn on a red light at like 3am. So just chill man not trying to piss off a veteran here

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Really? I like what I like, and it just so happens to be my civic. So I should stop bitching or get a new car just because bored cops are taking advantage of their job? No way jose.
This s**t can be debated forever but I looked at the law for my state and it's not illegal to have your license plate off of your front bumper as long as it's fully visible which it was. I attached it immediately after JUST so cops wouldn't continue targeting me.

And I have 35% tint which is Oregon's legal limit, and I've been pulled over 3 times strictly for my "window tint being too dark." (Thank god for saving receipts in the vehicle)

Running plates is awesome, but to follow someone and s**t? Man if nothing is suspicious then they should piss the f**k off.
attitude like this is exactly why i find it funny that you get pulled over.

how is it possible that i drive a 3" open downpipe turbo car and havnt been pulled over? Oh, i know...i dont drive like an asshat.

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
We have some cops around here that do get a little too bored and take their job to the 'T'. They occasionally get to that point where they sit on the main drag in a secluded area and pull people over for going three over the limit. Some people are just dicks, there is no getting past that, cop or not.

I live in a small town, I know most of the cops, and I know what pisses them off. Most places I go its pretty easy to not get pulled over and thus avoid tickets.

1. Slow the f**k down. Speed limits keep stupid f**ks from driving faster than they need too and wrecking into your civic.
2. Turn your s**t down. I don't know about you, but I don't want to here anyone's music when I'm trying to sleep.
3. Don't do suspicious s**t. Keep eyeballing them in your rear view mirror and go five or ten under the limit as soon as you see them. You've got nothing to hide right? It doesn't really smell like pot in your car...
4. If you do get pulled over, be nice. Respect goes a long way even if you think their hard-ass, profiling sons-of-bitches who are their solely to makes money off your punk ass. Cops are people too.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can see your points traction, and if this was a police let you off thread than the convo would be totally different. Just a question though, do u have a relative thats a cop or something cuz your sounding really aggravated all of a sudden lol. Not trying to say all cops are bad, I've been pulled over at least 10 times in the like 1 and a half years i've had my license, and I know its not all racial or anything along those lines, probably mostly because I deliver for work so I drive 4x as much as most people, and Im not trying to say all cops are assholes or anything like that, just that the majority of cops that we deal with arent the best ones. Despite this I for one can tell stories of the nice cops who've let me go when I did do something like one who let me off with a warning after I was tired and I rolled through a right turn on a red light at like 3am. So just chill man not trying to piss off a veteran here
im not a cop, and not related to a cop. I just get tired of the teenagers who come in here and b***h about this kinda s**t, and slam the people who risk their lives every day. Everyone wants to bash the police till they need to call for emergency services.

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
got traction is right. Cops are just doing their jobs and people give them s**t about it, probably, daily. Typically, the same people who b***h about how 'cops are so bad' are the same dickheads that complain about how everyone else is to blame for their own f**king problems.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
attitude like this is exactly why i find it funny that you get pulled over.

how is it possible that i drive a 3" open downpipe turbo car and havnt been pulled over? Oh, i know...i dont drive like an asshat.
First off, there isn't really an "attitude" so to speak. I'm just venting and saying the stories that happened to me and how s**t is around my town. It sucks balls. As far as your car goes? Cool bro props to you. That's good and hopefully more people drive like you so they don't get pulled over no joke. But different cities and amounts of population ensue different types of cops. If I really drove like an "asshat," you think I would have gotten away with 0 tickets on 19 times being pulled over? (I definitely haven't been giving BJ's)

We have some cops around here that do get a little too bored and take their job to the 'T'. They occasionally get to that point where they sit on the main drag in a secluded area and pull people over for going three over the limit. Some people are just dicks, there is no getting past that, cop or not.

I live in a small town, I know most of the cops, and I know what pisses them off. Most places I go its pretty easy to not get pulled over and thus avoid tickets.

1. Slow the f**k down. Speed limits keep stupid f**ks from driving faster than they need too and wrecking into your civic.
2. Turn your s**t down. I don't know about you, but I don't want to here anyone's music when I'm trying to sleep.
3. Don't do suspicious s**t. Keep eyeballing them in your rear view mirror and go five or ten under the limit as soon as you see them. You've got nothing to hide right? It doesn't really smell like pot in your car...
4. If you do get pulled over, be nice. Respect goes a long way even if you think their hard-ass, profiling sons-of-bitches who are their solely to makes money off your punk ass. Cops are people too.

I agree with this 150% as well. It's extremely awesome to have police in our cities and protecting us. Most definitely. I'm not saying f**k the police we don't need them because that is definitely not the case. More or less I'm just venting that cops really need to know when to "take their job to the T."

P.S. Don't judge me as that teenager who comes in here to b***h. It certainly is not this way, and I am certainly not someone who acts like that.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree with this 150% as well. It's extremely awesome to have police in our cities and protecting us. Most definitely. I'm not saying f**k the police we don't need them because that is definitely not the case. More or less I'm just venting that cops really need to know when to "take their job to the T."
who are you to judge when they should follow local statutes or when they should use discretion? If you are getting pulled over its not because the police officer just made up a law that only pertains to you, its because your STATE and COUNTY and CITY officials made laws that were voted in by your peers.

People are going to b***h about getting pulled over just about as much as people are going to b***h that a cop had no right to shoot someone when his/her life was threatened. f**k that, walk a mile in someones shoes

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
got traction is right. Cops are just doing their jobs and people give them s**t about it, probably, daily. Typically, the same people who b***h about how 'cops are so bad' are the same dickheads that complain about how everyone else is to blame for their own f**king problems.
im sure crack heads complain that the police pick on them also. :lol:

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wasn't trying to call anyone out with that 'to the t' post. Just saying, as long as your not doing anything crazy, generally, cops aren't going to mess with you.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
who are you to judge when they should follow local statutes or when they should use discretion? If you are getting pulled over its not because the police officer just made up a law that only pertains to you, its because your STATE and COUNTY and CITY officials made laws that were voted in by your peers.

People are going to b***h about getting pulled over just about as much as people are going to b***h that a cop had no right to shoot someone when his/her life was threatened. f**k that, walk a mile in someones shoes
Alright well I have taken 3 criminal justice classes and been 2 ride alongs so far...not that that means much at all, but I've definitely learned how cops are trained to think and act. Like I said before it's all about discretion. I was pulled over once because my 4k HID's were "too" bright. I told one of the cops that I was on a ride along with and he said that was bullshit..... It's alllll about the discretion of the cop who pulls you over.

And going into a situation about a cop that had no right to shoot someone is totally going out of context...I'm not drive-by-shooting or riding dirty. Just other people in the "scene" ruin it for others because now we get targeted for the way they act. I'm just not a fan of profiling, nothing wrong with that.

I wasn't trying to call anyone out with that 'to the t' post. Just saying, as long as your not doing anything crazy, generally, cops aren't going to mess with you.
I know you weren't. I was just using that because it was a very good example.

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Alright well I have taken 3 criminal justice classes and been 2 ride alongs so far...not that that means much at all, but I've definitely learned how cops are trained to think and act. Like I said before it's all about discretion. I was pulled over once because my 4k HID's were "too" bright. I told one of the cops that I was on a ride along with and he said that was bullshit..... It's alllll about the discretion of the cop who pulls you over.

And going into a situation about a cop that had no right to shoot someone is totally going out of context...I'm not drive-by-shooting or riding dirty. Just other people in the "scene" ruin it for others because now we get targeted for the way they act. I'm just not a fan of profiling, nothing wrong with that.

I know you weren't. I was just using that because it was a very good example.
Don't make you tell you again. Get a lawyer or get a Camry. Otherwise bend over and just tolerate it.

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got pulled over for having a supposedly white led tag light. I was pissed, I just bought that motherfucker and put it in that day. I tried the whole argument about how it was safer and he could actually see my tag and all that bullshit, I was kind of a d**k. Fortunately I just got a fix-it ticket. I got out to look at it and the f**king light was bright blue. I felt like a dumb ass.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can we all just agree on the fact that there are good and bad people out there, and cops are people, therefore there are good and bad cops out there. I don't hate cops, they are there to protect us, and sometimes they make bullshit calls but thats part of the deal when anyone has power. No need to start a war about it.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Can we all just agree on the fact that there are good and bad people out there, and cops are people, therefore there are good and bad cops out there. I don't hate cops, they are there to protect us, and sometimes they make bullshit calls but thats part of the deal when anyone has power. No need to start a war about it.
All this aside...I really love your signature. That movie is the best.

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
"Excessive acceleration" technically a "careless driving" ticket.

I apparently accelerated to quickly from 0-40 mph without loosing traction or even hitting the 50mph speed limit. Wan't endangering anyone which is how they law describes "careless driving".

Coming in a close second was basically for avoiding an accident...
I was driving at a safe distance behind a car ( i never tailgate). The driver in fron of me slammed on their brakes after going around a blind corner (he had ABS). I took a second to react and then locked up my front wheels to stop in time. I was still about a car length behind him when I stopped. There was a cop on the side of the road right there who gave me a ticket for tailgating. He did not even look up until I screeched the tires. Stupid cops always assume the worst!

Status
Not open for further replies.