getting rid of a car with a loan, and the loan....help

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ill steal it for you for $700 lol
ok, whats that going to do for her loan, nothing, still has to pay it back, then she wont have a car to drive. :roll:
hell i could "steal" it. but the loan is the issue.

M&T is a pain to work with too.

lilROOKZ

EJh8ONIT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just offering my help lol idk man thats a shitty situation ur in best of luck getting out of it ive only had 2 cars and i still have'em my civic and a 99 accord Honda has never done me wrong!

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is why i dont buy new cars, ill stick with my older cars that i dont have to get loans for.

if i can get rid of the Hyundai i would get her a Honda, probably 92-00.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You're best is going to stop making payments, save up money and get a new cars, call the bank and tell them you want to do a voluntary repossession. This is your only way out of it. Voluntary repossession doesn't have as much of a credit hit as a forced repossession.

You could always call the bank and ask them that if you're able to sale it if they'll take the purchase price as a payoff on the loan. It's worth a short, I've heard of some people doing this and the bank agreeing because they've told the bank "It's this or I can stop making my payments"

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get gap insurance and then wreck it.

lilROOKZ

EJh8ONIT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
deff ! new cars are s**t ne more you have to take'em to the dealership cuz you cant work on them for s**t my cousin has a 08 denali and its'a total rat trap, garbage he's just gonna let'em repo it. cars are money pits as it is....yeah economy !

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
deff ! new cars are s**t ne more you have to take'em to the dealership cuz you cant work on them for s**t my cousin has a 08 denali and its'a total rat trap, garbage he's just gonna let'em repo it. cars are money pits as it is....yeah economy !
I see the education system in your area worked wonders.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get gap insurance and then wreck it.
pretty sure you can only get that when you first buy the car, dont think you can add it later lol.

my moms Scion XA got totaled and she didnt have gap, toyota tried to f**k them.

when she got her VW Rabbit, she was sure to get the gap insurance.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Progressive insurance offers gap insurance. I got it on my Acura when I bought it new and added it to my wifes civic a year after we bought it.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go to the sharrett used car center...

when ryann got her car she traded that POS truck in on it...it had 4200 remaining on the loan... she had that tacked onto her taurus...

the guys there were super helpfull

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go to the sharrett used car center...

when ryann got her car she traded that POS truck in on it...it had 4200 remaining on the loan... she had that tacked onto her taurus...

the guys there were super helpfull
carmax would not do it, because to much it still owed on the car, she owes 8k!

id rather not go get another car with a loan, want to find a used car we can just buy.

but i will mention it to her.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Even if you get it repoed, you'll still have to pay the difference. The bank will sell it at an auction, and whatever the difference is, you'll get a bill in the mail for. Plus, it goes on your credit. Espeically if she still has 8k on it, and its only worth 3200? Shed have to end up paying over $2000 for it. So either way, letting it get repoed isnt worth it.

I would try putting gap on it, and just wreck it. Thats about the only thing you can really do, other than just paying it off. :what:

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i told you you can borrow my helmet...lol

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know you guys dont want another car with a loan... but.. this seems like your only option.

try a bunch of different places... thats all i can say. carmax isnt the greatest in the world on customer service.

take it up to hamilton nissan... maybe they can help? you never know. they have a ton of used cars. and that dealership for life thing too.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know you guys dont want another car with a loan... but.. this seems like your only option.

try a bunch of different places... thats all i can say. carmax isnt the greatest in the world on customer service.

take it up to hamilton nissan... maybe they can help? you never know. they have a ton of used cars. and that dealership for life thing too.
no where is going to tack the old loan onto the new one, the car is not worth enough, and she still owes way to much.

the loan car max was trying to give us was through AIG, Wachovia and some other place, i think Chase.
AIG was the highest, i don't remember what the numbers where. but we had to come up with 4k right then and there.

we don't have extra money to throw at another loan, i don't want to be paying a loan for $18k on a car that's worth probably half that... that's just retarded, she would be paying that off the rest of her life.

i want to get her a reliable civic, that i can easily and cheaply fix.
just need to get rid of this car and loan first. and the car will never sell for 8k, probably 3k MAX

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Deal with the car until you can come up with $4k
kinda what we are doing, sometimes i feel its unsafe to let her drive, but she cant drive a 5 speed so oh well lol.

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bro, when everyone's talking about wrecking it and your saying I still have the loan etc... that's what the insurance is for..... Call and talk to your insurance agent and tell him y'all are worried about it and if something were to happen would it pay off the loan you have on the car or just the car VALUE. That's a big difference in your case and if it's just the value then you need to do something about your insurance anyway because in that case an accident will severely f**k you up. Might not want to call YOUR insurance agent though, might look suspicious if it was wrecked a month or so later. Don't be so hard headed or closed minded. You came asking for advice. And honestly you are in a really bad position. This is exactly the reason I will never buy a brand new car. Also makes me thankful that I've built up $7000 in equity JUST from the cars I've owned and sold. Wish the best to you and your girl but some mistakes just can't be fixed. But like everyone else has said go talk to a financial advisor or a lawyer or some different banks, be honest with them and tell them your situation.
Good luck bro