going boost

JSM EM1

Ok can not afford to blow my motor but i want to go boost. is it true a stock b16 can handle 8 psi and be just fine? people say no cause you will get boost hungry and turn it up and blow it. but i would not. if it can handle 8 psi and be just fine with it being stock, i will leave it at 8

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Here's the thing, any motor can be boosted. How much depends on so many factors it isn't wise to use the numbers from one person to create your own. Everything depends on your tune and supporting modifications. If you have no supporting mods and no way to tune, it's not impossible, but it will be very difficult to avoid disaster. My suggestion is to learn the ins and outs or seek a professionals help.

emerican

Registered VIP
what a motor can handle depends on condition , miles, way its been driven supporting mods the tune and the tuner
stock d series rods are good to around 200 hp max thats pretty common knowledge however if the car has 300 plus thoussand miles on it and has been ragged out it probably wont hold that much for very long.
that being said what are you going to tune the car with?
what the miles condition and maintence of the motor?
whoes tunning it?
supporting mods?
turbo setup?