Going the distance

Mike99LX

I'm thinking on going on a long distance trip.
10 hour there camp over night then 10 hours back.
I know the basics how to treat your car before a long journey but how do these Civics hold up to the abuse of going cross country?
99 LX

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just make sure you have fresh fluids (oil, brake, clutch), top off your power steering, maybe bleed and top your coolant if it's been a while. Check the car over for any possible mechanical issues.

I've driven WNY to Southern RI a couple times, which is almost 8 hours, and I had a boosted Civic at the time. No issues as long as you maintain it well =)

EDIT: Totally forgot to mention... check the air pressure in your tires and make sure they're to spec!

Duke_Bartlett

When you get back, let us know how you spent the trip.

Hope without any problem =)

Mike99LX

Oh yeah definitely.
Plans are set for October.
Actually got a good deal on this civic, bit of hail dents but everything seems fine and will be prepping the car for all those miles.
Getting new parts probably for no reason just to have new parts, guess it doesn't hurt mostly suspension parts.
Always had huge 4x4 trucks so this is a change for me but way more fun and easier to fix this car up to par.
Hick ups here n there but nothing serious but love learning the diy on these cars.
I will let ya know how it went when the time comes.

98civlyfe

Check all of your hoses as well. I took my 98 lx on a 7 hour trip and blew a hose and inspect your radiator to make sure the plastic doesn't look like it's going to crack. Other than that normal maintenance and your good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk