gold or bronze rims on my civic si?

lightpost08

5+ Year Member
i've been a fan of gold rims on black cars for a while, and today a friend of mine got some of these:

that got me thinking...

so, what do you guys think about painting my rims bronze/ or gold, and maintaining the polished lip?

and what about the center of the rim?

any opinions would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it looks good how it is and imo 5 spoke wheels just dont look good in gold.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just lower it and that will keep you occupied and happy for a while.

lightpost08

5+ Year Member
Just lower it and that will keep you occupied and happy for a while.
it is lowered! lol. :(

just not slammed, or anything---its lowered 2 inches.

gold would probably look very similar to this:

flamencoEM1

5+ Year Member
I have those exact gold konig renegades on my black em1 and love it... I think gold looks so nice on our cars

FreeOfThoughts

The joy of driving
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would pick bronze over gold on most cars other than black, i think it would look ok in gold

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Dont paint your rims dude, itll ruin them. Just get the same Rota Boosts as your friend, same color too. Who gives a f**k if youre copying, I wouldnt.

I also have the fake Advans but in bronze..

Shadow Walker

5+ Year Member
Your car, your choice but imo on a black EJ8 style body i'm suggest bronze, gunmetal or machined finish depending on the wheel style. Personaly, on the EJ8 i had I used SSR multispoke wheels with the machined finish and was often complimented on it.

civicvette

5+ Year Member
I'm a fan of the darker looking bronze wheels actually. Something different from the usual GS Vette look with the black rim w/ the aluminum outter ring....which i see on cars daily.... plus bronze looks pretty nice

AllanR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Were you just going to rattle can them gold? If so, I would leave them the way they are. They look good right now anyways.