good car alarms

justinwebb

Banned
so i am looking for an alarm for my 00 civc and i don't know that much about them so what are some ggod brands to look for....any special features i need? looking to spen 200 - 300 on it so give me some ideas guys thx in advance

mracer29

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
compu-star paging alarm........ the remote has an led screen that shows stuff like your hood, trunk or doors are open. Shows when your car is running with remote start and has a remote call option that if someone knocks on the sensor it will page your alarm. So say your at the bar and your friend wants you to come to the car he knocks on the blue light and your remote rings like a phone..... but I paid like 600 installed.

crizy23

Civics Rule
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you really want to protect ur car u are going to have to spend a lil more than that low-jack is the best out there; however, it's $1000.00 but if they do steal ur car they assure u that u will have it back in24hrs if not they give you $6,000........ no other alarm does that and they contact the police right away it's great....

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BIG ASS pitbull in the driver seat, if they really want it they'll get it alarm or not, python, viper etc. a good ones too

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a lower level compustar might be what your looking for, also anything made by DEI is a good choice

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
BIG ASS pitbull in the driver seat, if they really want it they'll get it alarm or not, python, viper etc. a good ones too
Amen.. Alarms only keep the honest people, honest..

DEI (Directed Electronics, Inc.) makes good quality stuff.. Viper, Python, Sidewinder, Clifford, Valet, etc, are all made/owned by DEI.
Price = protection. Take it from me.. 10 yrs MECP 1st Class certified mobile electronics installer. ;)

EJ1 Freak

Hmmm....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You're going to have a hard time finding a good alarm for that price...I have the new viper two way pager...and it was around 650...but that included installation, back up battery, and an additional siren in the car...so I would say you are going to have to spend around 4-500 for a decent alarm!

I've had viper and clifford alarms...and they were both awesome!

mracer29

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
<<< stomps feet throwing a fit like a 2yr old "I want a back up battery and a really loud pezio siren in side my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
save up and get a compustar.. dei alarm ranges suck. shop around ask around. if u know a good side installer.. u can get a high model compustar for little over 200 off ebay.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
um..for 300 u can get a decent one..maybe even with the remote with the screen...i'm not sure what thats called though...i just recently got my alarm for 260...its just like ani normal alarm.....the only things thats pretty koo is if i forgot to arm my alarm it arms by its self...takes about 2O secs after both doors are closed...

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
..thats called passive arm.. it's all good, til you shut the car off, hop out real quick to check something (i.e. mailbox, etc) then you hear CHIRP - clunk..
Better keep a spare key handy :P

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
All DEI products are good. The Compustars are a good alarm as well. The range thing with the Compustar is just a selling point IMO. WTF are you going to do if someone is jacking your s**t 1.5 miles away? Call a f**king cab. We have the viper 791xv w/ battery back-up, piezo, proxy sensor, glass break sensor, and window mods. Alarm works like a charm. One of the sticky windows locks up the window mod sometimes but thats about it.

ventturei26

Capt. Fuse
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just boguht the viper alarm syste wiht the 2 way pager thingy. really like it only paid 460 for it