good cops, bad cops? need exhaust help too.

EJzilla

5+ Year Member
Skip the long paragraph if you do not want to read about my experience with good cops and bad cops.

So this is the second time I got pull over by the cops within 6 block of my house. So today I got pull over again when I was driving my sister to school. I was being tail by a cop and I knew I was gonna get pulled over because I was a bigger road and they were going straight on smaller road, they stop on the intersection and saw my car. I was like f**kkkk and I knew it was gonna be about my exhaust cause it kind of loud even with the silencer.... So when they switch the light on, I just pulled over, turn of my stereo, roll down the window and just waited for them to approach my door. One of them start knocking on my car...I was thinking to myself wtf... then the officer came ask "Wassup?" not the friendly wassup but the "bad cop" wassup. I told her I was brining my sister to school, then she was like you know you have an aftermarket exhaust, I was like yes, then she said I have to change it. Without stating why (but i knew the reasons).. I'm pretty sure NY state law allows aftermarket exhaust under certain restriction, well NYC... I was okay.. took my license and etc to check.. then they handed it back in less a minute, I was like "wow, that was fast...". Handed me my stuff, said change the exhaust and ran back to her cruiser, pulled out, then flash her lights on again... pulled over maximum at the end of the block.. the first time I was pulled over, the cop was actually a lot nicer, pull me over, came up to my car, told me "Sir, your exhaust is to loud", then i was blah blah blah... He said "okay... i will need to check license and registration" gave it to him, then he pulled his car over next to mine.. said "we will let you go this time, but you should get it change asap before other cops harasses you about it." Then we got into a small talk for a minute or two, Then he said "have a nice day" then I went "you too officers". That was it. Then I thought why do people dislike cops, then i found out today...

so back to the issues.. After the first time i got pulled over, that night i was searching for alternate exhaust, seeing how much the cat-back cost.. think that issue slip my mind.. So anyone have any recommendation for a good exhaust that won't get in trouble with the law. :lol:

Exahust I was thinking to get:
Apex'i N1
GREDDY SP2 (most likely to get me out of trouble with the law.. but seem to quiet...)
GREDDY EVO2
SKUNK2(cheapest I can get for a cat-back and a nice deep tone to it)

Thanks in advance! :beer:

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HKS Hi-power. Nice and quiet with a deep tone to it.

JDMable

5+ Year Member
Apexi World sport 2 very quiet and clean look the N-1 is still going to be loud. It might not be ticket loud but it might still get you pulled because of the angle and the fact that they can see it's not a factory peice.

madhatter256

5+ Year Member
You gotta be loud as f**k. Take out that cat-back and just run straight. Fight the machine!

EJzilla

5+ Year Member
HKS Hi-power. Nice and quiet with a deep tone to it.
yea i forgot that one.. gonna look more into it

Apexi World sport 2 very quiet and clean look the N-1 is still going to be loud. It might not be ticket loud but it might still get you pulled because of the angle and the fact that they can see it's not a factory peice.
Yea, I'm debating weather to get a quiet one or a mid tone one...

You gotta be loud as f**k. Take out that cat-back and just run straight. Fight the machine!
haha.. i can't afford all those tickets ;)

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I've got an Apexi N1 and I've gotten pulled over for it so I wouldn't go with that one.

yoman793

boost fiend
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t get the apexi-n1. its what i got. the police wont like you any how. apex-i claims its legal so if you're really persistent you could fight those tickets in court. that is if you dont mind wasting time. the apex-i is great hp gains at a good price. there is a silencer that i use on the highways. very effective for late night driving when you may be coming home from a bar trying to avoid attention.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Where does Apex'i claim it's legal.. I'm on their site and don't see that anywhere.. under which N1 are you looking 'cause there are several: N1 Metal, N1 Muffler, N1 Universal Muffler, N1 Evolution, N1 EXTi

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
are flowmasters illegal there?
cause those are loud as hell and cops dont ever pull people with big trucks and flowmasters.

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
s**t get the apexi-n1. its what i got. the police wont like you any how. apex-i claims its legal so if you're really persistent you could fight those tickets in court.
They claim that it's under a certain amount of decibels. It can still be illegal for other reasons.

I like the ws2 and Noir. Or just go back to stock.

95 modified

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you can add a resonator to your exhaust system to quiet it down a bit.

EJzilla

5+ Year Member
f**k the police and go oem. sleeper stat
running a z6 on stock internals except for SRI, not much of a monster after "waking" up. :sleep:

I've got an Apexi N1 and I've gotten pulled over for it so I wouldn't go with that one.
thanks so thats off the list... ;)

s**t get the apexi-n1. its what i got. the police wont like you any how. apex-i claims its legal so if you're really persistent you could fight those tickets in court. that is if you dont mind wasting time. the apex-i is great hp gains at a good price. there is a silencer that i use on the highways. very effective for late night driving when you may be coming home from a bar trying to avoid attention.
well its just that i dont bump into cops often.. but when i do i know i'll get pull over cause of my exhaust.. lol

are flowmasters illegal there?
cause those are loud as hell and cops dont ever pull people with big trucks and flowmasters.
not sure... but im guessing that because their car is bigger so im guessing they can make more noises :what:

you can add a resonator to your exhaust system to quiet it down a bit.
got an good place that sells them and do they pass emissions test?

Jas0n

What's up dogz!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
what about a netami twin loop muffler, is really nice and quiet, kind of low toned sound, they claim it to be compatible with all states for noise and emisions, they actually have the co# welded in the tip so you can show the cops, but if the cop is a b***h your going to get a ticket anyhow...

civicturbo91

professional bitchslapper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow. i didnt know cops were as cool as they were here. people around here with wrx's srt 4's and civic ride around with nothing but a downpipe and open header. cops dont really care. i feel better now=)

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i used to have the WS2 on my car and i liked it, lookoed good, from the outside of the car sounded good but wasnt loud at all, that was with a Z6, but i wanted louder, so now im just running the apexi piping with no muffler. I vote WS2. or the hks hi power.had that on my rx7 but it was very loud