Good Or Bad Idea

chimchim

iVTEC, do you?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I took the resonator out with the rest of the stock intake in as an experiement one time.

Got really loud, annoying to me. Lost low end power. Maybe freed a teeny tiny bit at the upper end. But at the high end it sounded like the vibrations were going to shake the car apart.

The resonator is there to make the intake quiet, and utilize the resonance tuning for low end power. It won't damage your car to take it out.

Taking off the bumper is super easy. And the CLEAN way to remove the resonator. Undo the 3 bolts on the resonator and take it out. If you have to muscle it, then somethings either still connected or you're pulling wrong.

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
don't listen to chim chim the resonater box doens't make your car slower...

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by GOOSE
but where and what is the resonator?
with a 623 posts you should know what it is.. compressor.... like a gun compressor... no sound....equals good killl.....lol...well it keeps it from growling at domestics...so take it out and go and growl at them...then get killed..lol..no performance gain but hell it sounds nice.

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
plz send some pics of it so i know exactally what im doing...

bc like defvayne says i wanna be the terrier of the import community
i wanna growl at the big dogs and run away before they eat me

JayVee

What's Going On?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I would also like to see a pic also so that way I know exactly what it is and that way I can take it out.

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i don't get a cai bc im 16 w/ no job bc my dad won't let me, and i have about $20 dollars to my name right now which is more than ive had for months

i really want some more sound untill i get the money for a real intake so don't got bashing me bc i don't have the money to give it preformance yet

and for gods sake send some pics of it bc i can't find it anywhere else on the internet

jeffk182

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The car tends to drone with the resonator off...but its a nice loud deep groan.

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i just took mine off...

you don't need to take the bumper or wheel off unless your scared of manhandeling your car bc i just had to yank it as hard as i could and it poped right off

it makes almost no diff in the sound when you are idiling but once you stopm on the gas you can definatly tell the diff

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by *Tre-G*
itl sound like a cold air
rice very rice
i did not know that taking out parts was being ricey?..ok....well.

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whats the big f**king deal with it? It isn't some big mod, it is something you have to do anyways if you put in a CAI or SRI. And how come half the people who posted were talking about the exhaust resonator and the other half were talking about the intake resonater?

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well for the intake resonator all you gotta do is pull it appart from the stock air intake (if you don't know what that is don't try this)
then just pull it outta there...

some prople say you gotta remove the bumper and the wheel to do this but all i had to do was turn my wheel so there was a bigger space to pull it out

its pretty easy to do...
bc i don't know crap about doing stuff to my car and this took me like 15 min to do w/ no problems