Good price to sell???

black97civic

black97civic
5+ Year Member
I've been thinking about selling for a couple weeks now and I'm finally trying to decide on a price. What do you guys think that my car is worth? I will give you a description and then some pics. It's a 97 DX, 137,000 miles with a 99-00 front end, projector headlights (I know rice), OEM style fogs, NRG racing seats, Type-R lip kit, BRAND new timing belt and pumps, brand new rotors and brake pads, recently been painted, fairly new rims and tires Skunk2 lowering springs, Megan Racing header, custom intake, aftermarket muffler (not sure of brand). Thats all of the major things that I can think of right now.

Here is the link to pics of it. Any comments are appreciated. Thank's a lot.

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=78958&page=1&pp=20&highlight=fresh+paint

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Personally, i would take off as much aftermarket stuff I could and sell it stock... Cars in general are worth more in "as close to stock" condition as possible. You gotta remember, your taste isnt necessarily the taste of the next person who wants to buy your car so as close to a clean slate as you have the better..

it also depends on where you live.. around here, stock 6th gen civics fly off lots for like ~6-7k easy..

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
doesn't look bad at all, i'd say you can get $5000 because its a dx, $6500 if it was an ex and had less miles

Arcane Hayter

I'll sleep when I'm dead.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I paid $2500 for my '96 stock Civic EX with 127,000 miles on it. I got a grand knocked off the original asking price because of the paint (scratches). So I'd say if you can get $5000 absolutely take it. One thing my Dad taught me is that when you customize a vehicle it not only makes it hard to sell (you have to find another you to sell it to) but also you can't ask any more money for the car based on the modifications (unless you find that other you to sell it to of course).

MugenShox

Banned
prolly get about $5500 - $6500 maybe $7k

i paid $5200 with 99k miles on it... 99-00 Coupe.. never wrecked and one owner

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Agreed, put as much back to stock as possible. Once you start messing with the engine, people think you race (no matter what you say) and that will devalue the car.

Paint looks good, but looks like you have a lot of front fitment issues.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd leave it like it is, some kid will like it and press his parents for them to buy it for him. It looks nice like it is. I'd check the value of it like on www.kbb.com and add a little more for the aftermarket stuff. Dealerships won't give you much on aftermarket equipment but selling to an individual you can get some money back for the aftermarket stuff.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'd say the most you'll get is 5gs...at the most...its a dx so its gonna be hard to sell...if yout part out some parts i think you'll get your moneys worth that way...