Goodies

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I didn't even know you were still alive :lol:

Glad to see you're still working hard on the D17 though.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yep I'm still tickin. I'm tryin to get this thing runnin. I keep havin to set it aside.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1122 posts later, I subscribed, my wife has an EM2 and wants to trade it for my EJ2, I considered it til I read what a pain in the ass a5 speed swap is on these things, your build however, has inspired me, possibly.

Tuned in to see the finished product =)

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2 (I miss my "real" internet :(

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Lol thanks man. I hope to have it at least drivable soon. I just have a lot more planned. I just hope this works and lasts for awhile cause I don't want to see it sit for a couple years again.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I feel ya there man, my 92 Si has been siting since november. I've all but given up on it. Money got tight, started parting it out, THEN the wife says "screw it, go find another one" came home with the coupe, she falls in love...

My soon is just about old enough for daycare, so I gotta find a job soon, then it's going down lol

Your daughter is super cute btw, my wife wants a lil girl sooooo bad and I'm seriously considering trying for anither kiddo, but I don't wanna be 60 when they finish college lol

Anywho, as to not get you kicked back into off topic, being that your car is already 5 speed, you probably wouldn't know first hand if the auto to manual swap is as big of a pita as I've read, but maybe one of the guys over at "your" other forum might have some insight? I'm find check tapatalk, but don't remember seeing them on the list :/

This is by no means a thread jack either, just curious as to your knowledge.

Thanks, and keep up the awesome work =) I'm jealous, no garage and no monies :/

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2 (I miss my "real" internet :(

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nevermind, I found the diy on the other site, yep. Pita :/

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Part of the reason it's been taking me so long is because I lose motivation and interest. Another reason was cause it was hard to find a steady job. I have to get done soon though cause my girlfriend started looking for a house. I can't wait to have my own garage. I think all of these pics were taken at my parents house cause it's been in their driveway since August 2009.

Check out 7thgenhonda.com. There is a lot of good info there cause its mainly coupes and sedans.

I wish I had a son. I'm tired of everything being pink. I got lucky with daycare and my parents watch her while I'm at work.

I still have my original manual console cause I switched to the 03-05 one. I'll sell it cheap if u need it.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As much as I'd love to by that console off you, my wife admired tonight, after I explained, in detail, the auto to manual conversion and how it'll be do much easier on me to just keep my 5th gen, that she was just kidding. :banghead:

Kinda glad I didn't create an account on the other site lol

IF we have a daughter, I'll be buying stock in Sanrio, my wife it's a Hello Kitty addict :rolleyes: I regret the day I didn't lie when she asked if they have HK stuff on ebay :screwy:

Good luck on the house hunt, our lease is up in Dec, and we still haven't found one we like enough yet :/ let me rephrase that; my wife hasn't found one SHE likes enough yet, I'd settle for anything, as long as it has a garage lol

Back on topic again, if you happen to have a rear camber kit you aren't using, or if the guy who was selling the blue rad houses still has them, let me know =)

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I don't think I even have a camber kit on my car.

Got my valve cover, kms intake manifold, and hp racing header back today. Valve cover and intake manifold are dark purple and header is black. I know it's hard to see the purple in the pics. I tried my best.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lookin good man! I must have missed the purple train... Not hating, just don't get it, it looks great, I've just never been a fan of purple.

Anywho, come to find out, there IS a rear camber kit on the wifes car, however, the inner bushings have gone bad, and that's why the rear camber is off :/ gonna look into a warranty claim, but I'm not holding my breath.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take pics of the purple parts outside, it will show the color better

is it powdercoated? i did my accords brakes purple with sparkles with rattle cans.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Idk why I just like dark purple for some reason. I may get my buddy club wheels done the same color later on down the road.

I hope it's powder coated cause that's what I paid for lol.

I got these arp pressure plate and fly wheel bolts today.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
doesnt look poweder coated, and if it is, they did a poor job, maybe its the lights but looks like a terrible job . its heavy in some spots and really thin in others. i like the color tho

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I think I see what you are talking about. The guy that did it does it at his house.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
doesnt look poweder coated, and if it is, they did a poor job, maybe its the lights but looks like a terrible job . its heavy in some spots and really thin in others. i like the color tho
pertty sure its the lighting...

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Got a water pump, tensioner, oil pressure sending unit, and some misc bolts. Next mishimoto radiator and maybe some slim fans. Don't really like how the slim fans mount.