got me a cheap civic

khrys771

5+ Year Member
i picked up a 96 coupe that had some light front damage for $340, and am in the process of fixing it.

i got a hood and fender for it, but the fender sucks in quality, and was thinking of getting the password:jdm ones.
i also have some black power doors for it, the side skirt, the other 2 slipstreams, and some nuespeed race springs.

as it sits right now.

Mahlmann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$340? Does it run?

Bro'sslowdx

It's mine now...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow...thats a BADASS car for 340. Mines in almost same condition except I payed 1500. I would agree with your plans for jdm fenders. I would work on getting matching rims. The fronts are badass so i'd just sell the rears. GLWB.

khrys771

5+ Year Member
yeah i have the whole set of the slips. i just put the fronts on cuz the tires were bad on the other rims. and i already have the konigs sold.

the headlights arent in the best shape, so i am thinking of buying some blacked out ebay headlights then retrofitting them with hid projectors later on.

the interior is not all that great, it needs carpet and the previous owner had 2 dogs. there are a few things wrong with it, but it is 98% rust free, and whatever rust there is, is on some nuts and bolts. its just really dirty. but i do have all the seats and plastics.

roof is wavy, but i am thinking heavily on getting a carbonfiber roof cap. also the headliner fabric needs to be replaced, but still what would you expect for $340...

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not to shabby for under 400 bucks, steal of a deal

khrys771

5+ Year Member
there was something gooey back there when i bought the car, one day it rained really hard and my driveway is at a slant, well water got back there and rusted up some nails, pliers, and screwdrivers that were left in the goop. so i tried to dry it out that day and that is the aftermath. it can be cleaned, but i need to find a shop vac. its like a dusty material now, a few spot pasted to the paint. i will more then likely spray some undercoating in there after i clean it and remove the sound deadener in the trunk that has been affected.

khrys771

5+ Year Member
i'm thinking of getting the hood painted a satin black or a gloss black, but i havent decided yet.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Repaint the whole car one color...

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks like they kept a decayed body back there, would explain the cheap price.

khrys771

5+ Year Member
lol. well it doesnt smell, thats all i can say.

i'm working on stripping the interior out. and i'm going to clean the metal.